My time dining

DisneyWatsonWomen

Earning My Ears
We are traveling on the RCL adventure of the seas thanksgiving cruise. Does anyone know when I can start booking my time dining?

Thanks!

I don't actually know, but we're sailing on October 11 and can't book ours yet. I'm just going to log in every couple of days to check. This is our first RCL cruise, so I don't know how it works.

I don't actually know, but we're sailing on October 11 and can't book ours yet. I'm just going to log in every couple of days to check. This is our first RCL cruise, so I don't know how it works.

I just booked our first RCCL since 2008 and that was way before the days of pre-booking dining and entertainment. I might as well be a newbie for how little I know. Please help bring me up to speed on what I should be planning. Sailing Liberty of the Seas in November with My Time dining.

I just booked our first RCCL since 2008 and that was way before the days of pre-booking dining and entertainment. I might as well be a newbie for how little I know. Please help bring me up to speed on what I should be planning. Sailing Liberty of the Seas in November with My Time dining.

I wish I knew! We sail October 11th and there are no dining options and no entertainment options available. I don't know if it's too early or what??? I've read other posts that seem to indicate I should be able to reserve dining by now. Our meet thread on Royal is only 3 pages long. The Magic thread for basically the same itinerary leaving the same day is on page 86!

I wish I knew! We sail October 11th and there are no dining options and no entertainment options available. I don't know if it's too early or what??? I've read other posts that seem to indicate I should be able to reserve dining by now. Our meet thread on Royal is only 3 pages long. The Magic thread for basically the same itinerary leaving the same day is on page 86!

Weird isn't it!?! Our Rollcall (November 8/14) is EXACTLY the same. I joined 4 days ago and nobody's even replied - the last post on the thread above mine was from back in June. :confused3

What's worse is that on the RCCL website I can't find any obvious place that explains any of this "reservation" business very well. Our last few cruises were on much lower-tech ships and were basically the classic format of traditional set dining times, first-come seating at the shows and pay-as-you go for drinks. I guess this is how people feel when they're confronted with the concept of FP+ and MDE for the first time. :lmao:

:idea: Let's make a pact: If either of us stumbles onto any useful information we'll come back here and share it with the other. Deal?

I had My Time Dining on Legend of the Seas last month, and I just showed up at the dining room when I wanted to eat. I liked sharing a table with others, but there was a serving team I really liked, so I asked for one of their tables.

If you want to book a table for 2 at a particular time, then you might need to reserve ahead. However, I don't think it needs to be done weeks or months ahead.

Are you referring to a meet thread on Cruise Critic? (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35) If so, those can vary greatly in interest. I am on an October 2015 Canada repo cruise, and the roll call is already on page 237 - with more than a year to go!

Are you referring to a meet thread on Cruise Critic? (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35) If so, those can vary greatly in interest. I am on an October 2015 Canada repo cruise, and the roll call is already on page 237 - with more than a year to go!

Yeah I mean the Cruise Critic one - ours is still on page 3. I'll confess to lurking on the Dis one to see what excursions people are doing and what hotels people are staying at pre-cruise :)

I did call yesterday about the dining and the guy told me it wasn't available yet to reserve and try around 60 days from sailing. I've seen conflicting reports on Cruise Critic though. So I'm just going to check every couple of days or so.

Yeah I mean the Cruise Critic one - ours is still on page 3. I'll confess to lurking on the Dis one to see what excursions people are doing and what hotels people are staying at pre-cruise :)

I did call yesterday about the dining and the guy told me it wasn't available yet to reserve and try around 60 days from sailing. I've seen conflicting reports on Cruise Critic though. So I'm just going to check every couple of days or so.

You really don't need to book your dining time 2 months ahead...or at all! If you feel like you must eat at a certain time, you can reserve a table when you're on the ship.

I don't know if it has changed, because I hadn't tried before, but it LOOKS like I could set up reservations for MyTime now, for my 10/18 cruise.

I might do it because we didn't actually want MyTime*, but it's all that was available when we booked; no main or late seatings available. I didn't book it to be flexible, but just because it's all that there was.

*last Royal cruise we did MyFAMILYTime, and that was OK, but we really had to rush to get to dinner.

We like to see the late shows. I book a time slot that is accommodating. If we have a later excursion planned, I adjust accordingly.

Waiting in line is part of the cruising experience, but it's very nice to be able to be able to skip the your time standby one at the dining room.:)

We like to see the late shows. I book a time slot that is accommodating. If we have a later excursion planned, I adjust accordingly.

Waiting in line is part of the cruising experience, but it's very nice to be able to be able to skip the your time standby one at the dining room.:)

I rarely have to wait for a table, but I ask to share with others. If you want your own table, then it's probably best to reserve ahead...just not 2 months ahead.

I rarely have to wait for a table, but I ask to share with others. If you want your own table, then it's probably best to reserve ahead...just not 2 months ahead.

we ask for our 'own' table but typically wind up in the 2 X 2 tables that are in a row with approx. 2 feet in between them, easy to strike up a conversation but still have some 'space' and don't have to pace dinner with others if in a hurry.

I requested the early seating from my travel agent and when she sent my cruise conformation paperwork it said I was scheduled for the early seating.

with all the comments I am reading I am now concerned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter