My thoughts about our last Disney world vacation

Do yourself and everyone else a favor and go to a thread that you can be happy at.

Dude, what are you, a bouncer? You forgot the "...or else" part. LOL. I grew up near Jersey, them's fightin' words. :D

In all seriousness, and hopefully to put this to rest, it really isn't or wasn't my intent to stir anything. I don't know you, you don't know me, no reason for anyone to truly get up in arms over it. I was simply stating my opinion, just like all of you were. I haven't called anyone a single name, yet I've been called a female dog, a troll, pot stirrer, prejudice, misconceptions, etc... I don't take any of this THAT seriously. Even my post below was truly meant to be a tongue in cheek joke, hence why I put not one but two smily faces on it.

Fixed that for ya... :P :D

I was just teasing, but clearly some don't take it that way. Sorry if it offended you.

I'm not trying to stir the pot, just think that this is the ideal place to discuss The Good, The Bad, and everything in between. And the "if you don't like it, leave" comments stifle discussion as opposed to promoting it. :hyper2:

I actually completely and 100% agree with this. Sometimes, it doesn't always work out like that...having a discussion. It digresses quickly.

I still enjoy WDW and I hope others here do too. You haven't ruined my day (today is actually my b-day...really), and I hope I haven't ruined yours.

It's all good. Didn't mean to get so many people upset. :D

Last edited:
While I do love end enjoy WDW, i'm also a realist. And, i'm also spending a lot of hard earned and not so easy to come by dollars for my WDW vacation. That can make me sound critical. I know that no one has said that, but i'm just pointing it out.

After our last trip, I pointed out on this board that I felt like our trip was the equivalent of paying for a room at a four star hotel and finding out the toilet doesn't work and the air conditioning only works some of the time. When you spend a lot of money to go to WDW, you have the expectation of reliability. When rides don't break down or the monorail breaks down, it can grate on you. When large crowds or long wait times cause you to leave early, it does impact your perception of your vacation. When you are spending more and find out that this or that is now gone, you also get the perception that you aren't getting as much for your money any more. You also start thinking "what else could I have done with this money?"

For what its worth, I would bring back some of the now gone and much lamented "extras" that you used to get, like the PPs have mentioned. They should also plow money back into the parks so that the rides and monorail are more reliable, or go to a parkwide light rail system. They also need to fill the vacant buildings at all parks, and then expand the parks. More people into a bigger park will make it seem less crowded.

We have been to Disney multiple times and I have always left kicking and screaming. Not this time. The parks seem to have had a different vibe to them. There is a lot under construction. The parks were not open late during spring break. The bathrooms were extremely dirty. One was so bad I went to find a cast member. Many of the rides have things in them that are broken down. The monorail continued to break down. Less flowers in Epcot at the festival. Food also didn't seem up to par. Many things taken away off the Pecks Bills bar in the last year. Tried the Plaza restaurant for the first time. I was not impressed. I can really tell where Disney is pinching there dollars. I think this will be the last time for a while that we will be going to Disney. It is a shame. It has always been my happy place.
I'm sorry your trip didn't go as you'd hoped! Our last visit to WDW was in 2014, and while we had a great time we also felt the overall vibe of the trip was different than it had been in years past. We decided to take a trip back to Disneyland in 2015 instead of WDW. We had such a great time that we went back to DLR in 2016 (even though we live on the east coast). There are things at DLR we don't love also, but the rest of the experience has been so awesome, that we don't notice those things as much at the end of the trip.

Have you been to DLR before? If it's been a while, maybe a trip out there might help fill up the Disney tank :)

Fixed that for ya... :P :D

EDIT: Besides, maybe I've been misinformed, but I thought the purpose of the Disboards was for Disney fans to talk about WDW. But all too often, it seems people think it's only for those who want to bash it, rain on it and put it down. Darn shame.

Being critical of Disney does not mean one is not a Disney fan. IME, the biggest fans of anything are also the ones that are the most critical.

(Star Wars fans would be a perfect example. The biggest fans of the franchise as a whole are often the most critical of the prequels, or anything they feel takes away from the franchise that they love).

The OP in this post didn't bash Disney. She posted her feelings on the experience she just had. It was critical, yes. That doesn't mean she (or anyone else in this thread who posted similarly) aren't Disney fans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter