• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My pics of the 50th!

hookedup

<font color=navy>radsmom <font color=blue>(Mom to
We had such a fun day. It was crowded, but ride lines were not too bad considering. Main Street area was a scene. I think we waited longer in line for lunch than any rides! LOL! Not kidding! All in all a great day, and fun to be a part of it all.
The highlights for me were the climbers on the Matterhorn - totally old school! And the golden parts of the rides that have been there from the beginning - gold Dumbo, gold horse on the carousel, gold Peter Pan boat, etc. That was neat! The media from all over the world was amazing. I was shocked at the spectrum of media present. Despite the crowds people were in good moods. I have been on hot summer days that seemed as packed and everyone seemed grumpy. Not yesterday - lots of golden ears and smiles.

Here are a few pics...

entrance.jpg

castle.jpg

mainstreet.jpg

peterpan.jpg

Here are a couple more I forgot above...

matterhorn.jpg

The 50th history exhibit is great...
exhibit.jpg

One last shot of the media...
media.jpg

Cool! Thanks for sharing!
I am jealous!

Wow, cool pictures!!! I wish I could've been there!

Thank you so much for sharing C.J. Although I don't see any of you dancing down Main Street. ;)

great pics. Thanks for sharing, makes me want to flip the calendar ahead for our 1st DL trip in june. :earsgirl:

Thanks for the great pictures. Makes me long to return to DL after many, many years. Probably won't be until 2007 though. :earsboy:

Tink33, you mean this one?

11450IMG_2159.JPG

:teeth:

Thanks for the pics, C.J. I really like the one you took of the castle, and your little one is so big now! :)

I didn't get a chance to see the 50 years exhibit, but the kids want to go back again - They don't even care that it will be so crowded today. lol

Thanks for the pics! I especially liked the one of the climbers on the Matterhorn. I always loved to see them on there when I was a kid -- I thought that the Matterhorn was SOO huge back then!

Tink33 & MaryJo -
ROFLMAO!!!!

I LOVED being in that parade! I am such a geek! The 50th history exhibit is really great - it was so packed when we were in it. That and lunch were our two most crowded experiences of the day. Even my ds enjoyed the exhibit. He is always asking me "how did they build Big Thunder?" and "How did they build Matterhorn?" He loved seeing all the pictures and models and artists drawings - you'd think that a 5 year old would not appreciate an exhibit like that but he sure loved it. I guess he is just as geeky as me - LOL!! :) Take care! C.J.

WOW! Really love the pictures, can't wait to get there. Question: Were there any lines for the picture in the "Golden Vehicles"?

DonnettaR said:
WOW! Really love the pictures, can't wait to get there. Question: Were there any lines for the picture in the "Golden Vehicles"?

There were only a couple of people waiting to take pictures in the golden Peter Pan boat. There was a cast member who was helping take pictures and controling the line. I also saw a golden horse from the carousel that was over between the Casey Jr train and Dumbo. There was probably a golden Dumbo too for pictures (I know there was a regular one before) but we did not walk over there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter