My Ohana review

We had dinner there last tuesday and it was lovely. The kids had a great time dancing and they enjoyed the food. my 5 year old ate his weight in shrimp- he was the only one who asked for more food. They did not leave much time betwee the "courses" but I was fine with that since I dont mind my meal parts eaten together. The beef was cooked a bit more then I would have liked but still tasty and not dry. We arrived just a few mmin. early and we sat for no more the 5 min. to wait for our table.

Ohana is the best restaurant and food in all of WDW! We eat there EVERY trip and will continue to do so - we were there in December and it was, as always, fabulous and we will be going there in August also.

I know it's been said many, many times before, but it's so true....everyone has different tastes so one person saying the food is wonderful and the other saying they did not care for it is to be expected and neither one is wrong. I think some of these "dining reviews" are fairly useless. Completely subjective and unique to each person experiencing the restaurant. :confused3

I know it's been said many, many times before, but it's so true....everyone has different tastes so one person saying the food is wonderful and the other saying they did not care for it is to be expected and neither one is wrong. I think some of these "dining reviews" are fairly useless. Completely subjective and unique to each person experiencing the restaurant. :confused3

I agree that, for the most part, dining reviews are subjective and should be read as one person's opinion. However, when a number of people continue to have a similar opinion, I start to pay attention to what they are saying. At the same time, I don't believe everything I read on message boarads. There are people who like to "jump on the train" and agree or disagree with what others have written. There are some "cheerleaders" who post the same opinion over and over.

We are willing to try almost any restaurant once, and we try to include on every trip at least one place we haven't eaten. If we enjoy the restaurant, we go back again. If we don't enjoy it, we usually wait a few years and give it a second chance. I realize everyone can have a bad night, and I don't think it is fair or even in my best interest to decide I never want to eat at a certain place simply because the food wasn't as good as I had expected on one visit.

There are a few restaurants we have tried once and decided we never want to go again. We hated Whispering Canyons, not because of the food, but because of the noise and atmosphere. Some families love the restaurant for the reasons we don't like it, and that it fine. There are restaurants for every taste and preference, and that's one of the things I love about Disney World. I had read enough reviews to know it didn't sound like a restaurant we would love, but I tried it once so I could form my own opinion. I can appreciate the appeal for some families, but it wasn't something we enjoyed.

I read reviews to get a variety of opinions, I am willing to give almost every restaurant a chance, and then I form my opinion based on my experience.

For what it's worth, my husband and I adored our time at Ohana - even though the table was full of food with little room for our plates and cups, even though everything came out at a break-neck pace. I would not cancel a ressie based on reviews - opinions are formulated based on not only the experience but how the experience was colored by expectations. I don't expect much - I guess that's why I'm generally happy? ;)

I agree that, for the most part, dining reviews are subjective and should be read as one person's opinion. However, when a number of people continue to have a similar opinion, I start to pay attention to what they are saying. At the same time, I don't believe everything I read on message boarads. There are people who like to "jump on the train" and agree or disagree with what others have written. There are some "cheerleaders" who post the same opinion over and over.

We are willing to try almost any restaurant once, and we try to include on every trip at least one place we haven't eaten. If we enjoy the restaurant, we go back again. If we don't enjoy it, we usually wait a few years and give it a second chance. I realize everyone can have a bad night, and I don't think it is fair or even in my best interest to decide I never want to eat at a certain place simply because the food wasn't as good as I had expected on one visit.

There are a few restaurants we have tried once and decided we never want to go again. We hated Whispering Canyons, not because of the food, but because of the noise and atmosphere. Some families love the restaurant for the reasons we don't like it, and that it fine. There are restaurants for every taste and preference, and that's one of the things I love about Disney World. I had read enough reviews to know it didn't sound like a restaurant we would love, but I tried it once so I could form my own opinion. I can appreciate the appeal for some families, but it wasn't something we enjoyed.

I read reviews to get a variety of opinions, I am willing to give almost every restaurant a chance, and then I form my opinion based on my experience.
:thumbsup2

We went to Ohana's last year and it was nice. We are going again this year. Our waiter asked us if we had ever been there and we told him no. So he explained that he would be bringing all of this food out and if we wanted more of something just to ask. He was attentive and would ask us what we think of the food. Good experience here.

Just wondering if anyone has had experience having a late ADR at Ohanas. Our ADR is for Thursday, September 16th at 9:30pm. Does anyone know how late they are open and if the food and service are poor that late int he night?

It does stink when you are looking forward to a place and it doesn’t meet your expectations. We had that last year at Chef Mickey’s - been going for years but after consistently getting worse each trip, last year’s trip sealed the deal and it’s not on our list this year. Not because of the staff, because of the food. Hopefully they'l fix it and we’ll go back in the future.

We’ve gone to Disney World enough times now to know that sometimes a place can have an off night; maybe the staff isn’t the best (or the guests). We have been lucky and have had great experiences at Ohanas and love it. Looking forward to it on our next trip. I think what happens sometimes is that a restaurant gets “hot” and it’s tough to keep up with the demand. Our only problem with it last year were a few rude guests at the check in counter. I honestly do not know how the staff keeps their cool sometimes!

But, if anyone will be canceling because of these reviews, my friend is looking for an 7:30ish on 9/4 so let me know and she’ll take it instead! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter