My Nick Hotel Review

maciemouse

DIS Veteran
First let me start off by saying that my family loves Disney World. We usually stay on property even if we are planning to go to Sea World. We decided to do something a little different this year. My daughter loves Dora so we decided on the Nick Hotel. This hotel was not cheap. I think we paid about $205 a night. We stayed three nights. We were not impressed at all. I hate to be negative but I just wanted to post the reasons why we did not like the hotel, it was not worth it's price tag. Here are the reasons:

1. Way to crowded!!!! We went to the pool one evening and there were atleast 200 people in the pool. Kids, adults - people were everywhere. I was too nervous to let my kids who are 4 and 5 swim. There were people jumping off the sides of the pool, throwing balls etc. I only counted 4 lifeguards. There was NOT enough supervision for this crowd, believe me. We also tried the pool at 9 am the next morning. Same thing. The slides opened around 9:15 and by 9:45 lines were everywhere. My kids were ready to go because they were getting ran over or cut in line.

2. Filthy. There were babies in the pool with expanding diapers and no bathing suit. The diapers were so filled with water they were literally coming off. Also the maid service was a joke. The grounds and the halls in the hotel (steps) were just gross.

3. Noise, we could here children running up and down the halls until 2 am.

4. Expensive- The food was way overpriced. They will even charge you $5 if you don't return your towel. Every activity cost money and is way overpriced.

I can say that the best thing about the hotel was the arcade.

I know there are different strokes for different folks. We just will not return to this hotel again. We did try to check out early but they were going to charge us one night stay plus a $75 check out fee. We just left first thing in the morning and came back late at night. All in all - For $205 a night I would of rather been on Disney property, it is much cleaner. I've stayed at POP Century in summer and thought it was crowded, this was 3 times that.

Doesn't sound like a relaxing stay to me. I'm all for the kids having fun, but if I'm paying, I want to stay somewhere where I can relax. I bet you scored major points with the kids on this trip. It's too bad Nick doesn't do more to keep everything clean and under control. With a hotel geared to kids, you think management would make that a priority.

A friend of mine went for 2 nights last summer and said the same exact things about the hotel. Dirty, crowded...and way overpriced. They nickle and dime you for everything. Glad my kids do not know about this hotel! We have gone twice this summer to the Animal Kingdom Villas for 1 night by renting points on the Rent/Trade board...staying in a studio for under $100/night and my kids loved all of the free activities, new water play area and the pool at the resort.

Wow, it does sound like your family had a bad time there. I think it is a hotel that just can't handle the overflow in crowds. We were there in March and loved it but the hotel was only about 1/3 full. We will be going back in October. But we have a $99.00 a night deal. For $205 I would have rather been as Disney too.

Judging by your review, I think I will stay clear!! I have looked at this one a few times online as a possible future stay. Something different to try. But when I would travel would be a high season - So, I think I will stay away!!
Sorry, you did not enjoy your stay.
Thanks for the detailed review.

My son looooves Spongebob Squarepants so I was check this out. And it looks like it could be crowded.

My family and I watched Extreme Resorts on travel channel last week sometime, and the Nick Hotel was on there. None of us could believe how crowded the pool/slide area was and wondered how the *&^%* it could be safe for younger kids. It didn't look like any place I would ever want to spend vacation. We all commented on what a mess that place must be by the middle of the morning, much less after lunch and snacks have been eaten.

Sorry to hear you & your family did not have a good time:(.

We have visited the Nick Hotel and LOVED it. We are FL residents so we go when it is not crowded in the off season. The pools were practically empty and kids were able to spend a lot of time meeting characters. BUT...the food court was a bit pricey and the crafts & activities with the characters are really over priced. I do have to agree with the nickle and diming too...I dont understand the resort fee when you have to pay for almost every extra!

All in all, it's a fun place for to go, you just have to be prepared to spend some $$$ on the extras!:)

Now you guys have my head spinning. We booked the one bedroom for five nights starting on December 26 at a rate of $99 plus service and taxes. Our boys are 10 and 12.
Based on that rate, length of stay and the age of our boys, are we making a mistake?

Shorecreast, your boys will love it! My 10 year old thinks it's the best place ever! We are going back for his birthday in October. The pool is heated but the slide is not. Just remember, it is a Holiday Inn with a kid theme. You won't be disappointed. If however you expect Disney standards, you will be. Expect Holiday Inn standards.

Now you guys have my head spinning. We booked the one bedroom for five nights starting on December 26 at a rate of $99 plus service and taxes. Our boys are 10 and 12.
Based on that rate, length of stay and the age of our boys, are we making a mistake?

Because we're going on our 6th trip to Florida this year and got a great rate, I'd say for your boys' age, you'll have a blast. Because your boys are old enough, if they up to it, during the afternoon at the pool, you can sign up to be in one of their family shows at night. They'll have a blast!!

We were there on Dec. 29-Dec 31 and all the kids loved it! It wasnt crowded at all! I thought it was very clean but to each its own! The only negative thing I have to say is that the character breakfast was a joke! Way too expensive for just ok food! There were 18 of us and 9 of them were kids and they just wanted to stay and play all day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter