My Mother's Day surprise scavenger hunt!! The gift revealed! Pg 5

I am super jealous!!! you had a wonderful family for doing this for you....can't wait to hear more!!! :goodvibes

I'm home! I have really long days by the time I get done commuting. I know the day is starting to wind down, Melissa but I needed to have a bit of dinner before I came to the boards. I know it's a bit selfish of me; isn't it?

I've been excited to sit down and continue writing. Welcome to the story Lizzy, Wendy and Michelle. I'm so happy to have you along for my adventure. I do have an amazing family; they love to create special things like this to show me how much they love and appreciate me.

So my first couple of posts on the thread were live, as they were actually happening to me. I was typing and walking at the same time. (I'm actually rather impressed that I could do it.) Unfortunately, my fingers were have problems keeping up and by teh time I got the 5th clue, I was 2 clues behind in posting. I bought myself some time by claiming I had to go to the restroom and instead of using the facilities, I stepped aside and finished typing the last of the third clue.

One of the reasons I was having a hard time keeping up and trying to type as I walked was DH wasn't sure about wait times or crowd levels so he didn't plan any time for the rides. I asked if I could see the Tiki Room show as it was getting ready to start just 4 minutes after we walked up to the podium. DH said we really didn't have the time. I was kind of bummed. We haven't seen it in a while and I've been wanting to do it.

So, I got my clue, rushed over to BTMMRR to get the next one and went off to IaSW for my 4th clue. I had no idea how involed the CM were and talking to the CM who gave me the next clue gave me a hint. All anyone knew was they were asked to give me the sealed envelopes when I came to them. I shared my previous clues with the CM who seemed impressed with my interactive gift. I couldn't tell him what was in the envelopes because they all said "Do Not Open" on them. All the CM were tight lipped about how DH was doing all of this. I still couldn't believe that Disney was letting him orchestrate a personal scavenger hunt. I felt like the most VIP guest they had.

The clue on this envelope took me a moment longer than the rest. My mind was racing and I was on an adrenaline rush. What I read was:
430-1.jpg

One of the things that threw me was the emerald coat. I was trying to think of a character in a green coat that was also associated with either something to drink or drink out of. After a moment I figured out where I needed to go.

This is great! My DH & I are planning our Honeymoon for August-and I just can't seem to get enough of these boards..this scavenger hunt doesn't help my obsession! :rolleyes1:laughing: Can't wait to find out what else happens!
Carmen

Gigi~ Thanks for coming along for the ride. To quote the RnRC "We're going to need a bigger limo; better make it a stretch!"

Scootch over everyone and make room for a new passenger.

The coat color was wrong; it's orange, but the Mad Hatter's hat is green. My next stop was the crazy spinning, twirling dizziness that is The Mad Hatter's Tea Party. My family loves this ride and we are always trying to see who can outdo the others making hte cups spin the fastest. Everything is always a blur when we ride and if we don't want to be super dizzy, we can't look outside our own cup.

I had to wait a moment before I could get my clue. The ride was loading and I didn't want to interrupt. I had run out of new things to say and ask DH as I was still in awe that he had done all of this. I was still updating my earlier posts as quickly as I could type on the little keyboard. I asked DH if I could slow down but he again told me we really didn't have time. My clue read:
432.jpg

I thanked the CM for the clue, expressed my awe and excitement and was off again. Since the song goes "there's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of everyday; a great big beautiful tomorrow and tomorrow's just a dream away;" I knew the next clue was at the CoP. I wasn't ready to move on yet; I was still trying to keep everyone involved. That is when I decided to try my bathroom ploy. I knew I was fighting a losing battle and decided I needed to let go of my plan to write me report as I was in the middle of the adventure. I also wanted to add pictures but DH didn't take any pictures or video of the event. I can't quickly upload pictures to photobucket from my phone because I don't have it set up yet. The only place I can post mobile uploads right now is Facebook. I didn't want to change my status every couple of minutes because I was afraid people coming into it partway through would be confused.

WooHoo! To more adventurers along for the trip!

Carmen~ Welcome to the DISboards! I know you are going to have a great time when you get here this summer. Have you made a countdown calendar yet? When we brought the kids down in 2008, I made one that started 11 weeks before we left. I hung it at work and colored a Mickey everyday.

Sleepy~ Welcome to you aas well. I hope you are having as much fun reading as I did actually going on the hunt.

Now, without further ado:

I went right up to the podium and told the CM what I was looking for. They handed over the envelope and we chatted about what my DH was doing for me. Again, I couldn't get any info about how he was doing it. I was still so excited and in shock that this was happening to me. My clue:
436.jpg

I was off again, back to where I started my day. I did stop and make DH take a picture of me so I had at least one picture of my adventure.

296.jpg

I made a beeline for the statue of Walt and Mickey. The crowds were getting thicker near the hub as people lined up for Spectro. I dodged families and walked around the CMs playing jump rope with the kids; briefly entertaining the idea of joining in. I wasn't sure where to find my next clue but knew the Photopass photographers are always in the hub. I sought out the first one I found and got the last clue. This time it was on a large manilla envelope. It read: Now this game must come to and end and we must get our fill. Take yourself and items to dinner at the California Grill.

I was disappointed that this was the end but knew we were getting close to our ADR time. I love the CG and was excited that I'd guessed correctly. I also had 7 envelopes that were sealed so the adventure wasn't over yet. We started walking out of the hub as the CM with balloons were making htier way around. They have new balloons with a light in them that changes colors. I was so happy and they are really cool, so the for the first time since I was a little girl, I asked if I could have a balloon. It confused DH for a moment but he was in an indulgent mood so he said "Sure" We walked over and I went up to the CM. She had the balloons held really low so they were surrounding us. It gave me an idea for another picture. In the meantime, another guest walked up to buy one of the balloons. They cost $15! DH got out his wallet and.............

What a nice addition to my morning coffee. You are really gettng me pumped for our upcoming trip. I think I'll think of your story as I pass each of your clues, no, I know I will.

Can't wait to read what is in the envelopes! Also can't wait to see the new balloons! I'm quite certain there will be one or two of those in our future!

Loving this trip report! I love how the whole family is involved and you didn't have a clue and they aren't giving it away!!! Can't wait to find out what the rest of the surprise was.

Loving this surprise adventure!
You are so lucky to have a dh who is inventive and creative! I'm lucky if my dh can get my kids to make me a card-lol!

And what!? I just have to know!!!
I love the balloons, I just can't make myself pay that much for one!

Oh and where is that cake thread you mentioned?

Lara

All caught up :surfweb: can't wait to hear how it ends :)
Disney Dooney and Bourke bags are so cute but I have to wait till DS gets his 50% discount to buy.

I never post in the trip report boards BUT I LOVE THIS!!! How sweet of your family to take the time to pull this together! Your dh sounds wonderful! I can't wait to read more!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter