• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My husband INSISTED that I buy some new jeans

nativetxn

<font color=teal>Moderator<br><font color=red>Hono
He said my old ones were just "too baggy". They were size 18W.

Imagine my surprise when I fit into a 14 Misses :eek:

Don't hang on to clothes that are too large. Get rid of them and get a <i>smaller</i> size. It's very motivating :teeth:

woohoo Kath - way to go
pictures - we want pictures
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Wow77.gif
KATH!
Wow77.gif

You must have been one saggy butted lady. ;) :teeth: Congrats on those new jeans! Care you model them for us and share a pic??
Flahssssss.gif
Please!

Originally posted by nativetxn
Don't hang on to clothes that are too large. Get rid of them and get a <i>smaller</i> size. It's very motivating :teeth:

Well done Kath ~ That is a very good idea. I have been hanging on to bigger clothes ~ Think I will have a clear out at the weekend.

I hear what you're saying!! I didn't have to buy clothes from the first 25 pounds because my sister "Debbie" lost enough weight to give me all her clothes. Now, though my pants are so big that they are uncomfortable. I am taking 4 or 5 pairs to Florida with me this week to wear in the car and then throw out. That will help me to remember to stay good while we're on vacation. I will have creme brulee at least once though, maybe twice.:earseek:

Yesterday I sat down on the couch and my blouse fell off my shoulder on the one side because it was sooo big. I hope that I can find some new clothes when I go to the States. We don't have a lot of all cotton clothes here in Canada in the bigger sizes and they are really expensive. On the good side though our Canadian dollar is doing well so I won't have to spend as much money as I would have a few years ago.

Don't you love it though when you do put on a smaller pair of pants and everyone says, "Have you lost weight??" I like to put that off as long as possible.

:sunny:

Congrats Kath, on the new jeans! WTG !!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Yes, get rid of those clothes that don't fit. I find that when I wear something that is too big, I look absolutely terrible, and I feel even worse. Funny though, when the bigger clothes "fit" my body, they didn't look nearly as bad as they do in their huge form. That's why ya gotta get rid of them 'cause you never WANT to look good in them again! ;)

Mary-Liz

Way to go Katholyn. That is so true. That is what made all the difference for me last year. Once I lost a some and I got new clothes instead of wearing the baggy ones, I got so many compliments from people.

Keep up the great work. You are such an inspiration.

{{{HUGS}}} Mel, you are an inspiration, too.

Together we will succeed!

Katholyn

Congrats on your new smaller jeans!
I have some old things I still need to get rid of. I threw away a lot of my bigger stuff before we moved, but I'm still holding on to some of it, & I'm not sure why. I sure don't ever want to have to need to wear them again! Guess I'd better think about doing some closet cleaning, too!

I need pictures!!! You're melting away! :) You are such an inspiration because you were here in the beginning (atleast since I've been here....1.5 years) and you're still just as stick toitive as you were then! It's such an encouragment!

P.S. Are you still doing low carb? Are there any foods you absolutely AVOID or are there days when you let yourself have something off list. I'm just into week 2 of induction (probably going SBD plan afterwards) but I have this fear of adding too many carbs in at once or once I add some (berries, nuts) that I'll want more...any helps?

Tara

WOW! Way cool! Congratulations!

I got rid of all those big sized clothes & bought a few things in the smaller size, only to regain a little - had to buy a few things in an in-between size - now I'm losing again! Can't wait for the new stuff to be too baggy!

Tara, still doing the controlled carb plan. I avoid all refined carbohydrates and popcorn. Popcorn is my addiction.

I surprised myself by fitting into size 14 jeans this week too. Isn't it a great feeling?!

WOO HOO, <b>MelessaG</b>! It's a very motivating experience, isn't it? Way to go!

Katholyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter