My hubby came up with the best idea... re: use of points (land) and cruising combined

poohnpiglet3

Mouseketeer
Ok -- so we were talking about how we plan on using our points in the future, and we very much enjoyed our 3-night Disney cruise this past winter. We'd like to do it again, especially when the kids hit that magical "3 years old and potty trained" mark! LOL!

Here's what he suggested... taking two 5-night land vacations, with a cruise sandwiched in the middle. The 3-night cruise goes from Thursday till Sunday morning... so you could use your DVC points from Sunday night till Thursday (only 4 nights I guess...) and then go on a cruise, going back to your DVC to stay another 5 nights (or whatever.) You could also do an Orlando stay, then the cruise, then do Vero Beach, etc.

The possibilities are endless, but the magical part is that you don't have to use those points for a weekend stay!

How's that for a great idea! Good thinking honey, I say!!

Sherri :)

You are on a roll! Dream of spending the points, my best wishes to you!

I agree with you about the 3 night cruise and the weekend points!

Bobbi:D

The only dissadvantage that I see it that you have to move twice. We find it to be a pita to move during a vacation. For us, it is much more enjoyable to stay in one place.

For those of you who do not mind moving... this is a good plan.

/Jim

Sounds like we're planning to get APs. Isn't there an AP holder discount for cruises too? (and if not, perhaps there oughtta be)

Now if only we had the time off for two 5 day land segments with a 3 day cruise in the middle. Ahhhh the relaxation....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter