My friends want to buy me a present!

JuJuJasmine

Mouseketeer
i'll be celebrating my birthday on 9/19 and will be cruising at the time on the 3 day Wonder. My friends want to do something special for me and have asked for my advice -

flowers are lovely but silly, they stay in the room and when are you ever there and bringing them home is impossible.

food (gift basket) is yummy but silly - when you can have all you ever wanted and more for free.

What is this princess to do? to top it off, i think my DH has something up his sleeve and i don't want to take away any of his thunder.

I hate it when people ask me to pick out my own gifts! it worked when i was a young bride to be (or mom to be) because i NEEDED everything! :-) But that was (cough, cough) a LONG time ago.

H-E-L-P!
JuJuJasmine

They can buy you a shipboard credit through DCL! :) You can use that for anything on the ship, it is applied to your bill...so you can use it for a spa treatment, something fun in the shops, a shore excursion...whatever you'd like! :)

And Happy Birthday! :)

We had sparkling champagne and a plate of desserts and chocolate dipped strawberries waiting for us(don't know why) and we never got to really eat it. We took a bite here and there but we had so much food, it went to waste, most of it. I would go for the stateroom credit or Disney dollars.

Hope you have a Happy Birthday - its gonna be great celebrating our birthdays onboard ship

I already asked my mother to buy me shipboard credit for my Nov 13th b'day. (Shes usually asking for ideas). That way I can apply it towards whatever Id like once I get onboard ship.

:Pinkbounc Happy Birthday to Us!!!!!:Pinkbounc

We share the same birthday, I would also think the shipboard credits would be great. Sherry

They can call DCL and buy you a shipboard credit (like others have mentioned) this way you can do whatever you'd like.

that's perfect! i didn't know that a ship board credit was an option! I'd love to buy myself a charm for my bracelet, I'm sure they have a few to choose from at one of the shops! OK, i promise to stop with the !!!'s but I'm excited.
:-)

Thank you all!! (oops, there i go again!)

JuJu

I agree with the ship board credit. My parents, sisiter, and her family went on a cruise last week and we gave them each a credit. They were very happy with it. :D

Another vote for Shipboard Credit, and yes you can purchase shipboard credit as a present. Actually if you click on the Navigators link at the top of the page, you'll see it described. I assume you purchase it the same way you would order gifts delivered to the stateroom.

DCL had champagne and chocolates in our room when we got married. My mom and brother had cheese and crackers delivered on the same day! Delightful but way too much! It just goes to waste unless you are a seriously big eater.

Can you buy credits ahead of cruising if you have booked through Dreams Unlimited? If so, do you call Dreams or DCL?

I'd also vote for shipboard credit. There are so many things for a princess to do and buy....spa, frothy drinks, jewelry...

Happy early birthday!
Ginny

The chocolate dipped strawberries and champagne.. I could never get enough of that!!!!!!!!!!11

Does anyone dislike the Disney (not DIS) search function as much as i do? It's so vague! I'm trying to lead my friends to the place where they can learn all about buying an onboard credit for my birthday present and I can't find it! AARRGGH!

At least when the DIS search is up, it's helpful - :-)

JuJu

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter