My first ever pre-trip Report! *UPDATED* Proposal Pics added 09/10/08

Beautiful,glad you went with the majority-us ladies know what we like :thumbsup2 .
I also see that you have been tagged :banana: :cool1: .Excellent :thumbsup2 .
(or have i just not noticed+missed the action??).x.

Its beautiful, Em is def going to be blown away. Its such a wonderful surprise, i'm guessing its a matter of weeks now!!!

Beautiful ring :thumbsup2

Laur's princess:

Lovely ring.:goodvibes When do you go on holiday?

We leave on the 17th September and I'm planning to propose on 22nd Sep (a month today!) in the California Grill

Beautiful,glad you went with the majority-us ladies know what we like :thumbsup2 .
I also see that you have been tagged :banana: :cool1: .Excellent :thumbsup2 .
(or have i just not noticed+missed the action??).x.

What can I say?! - the ladies here all have excellent taste! I'll be sure to get Em to come and post on here when we get back to let you all know her feedback on the ring!

I hadn't even noticed that I had been tagged until you mentioned it! Woohoo!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Its beautiful, Em is def going to be blown away. Its such a wonderful surprise, i'm guessing its a matter of weeks now!!!

Yep, just under 4 weeks until we leave.

The panic is already starting to set in!

Whenever we go away its always Em who organises everything, and I'm worried I'll forget something or forget to do something before we leave!

hehe I'm normally the one that plans everything so i would be panicking if i left it to my BF loool

It sounds like you have everything in order and i'm sure it will be perfect!!

Try not to get to nervous, you'll give the game away lool

I look forward to hearing all about it, so make sure you come back and tell us

The ring is beautiful, i am sure she will love it, Have you asked for permission from her father at all, or does that not happen any more? not that i am old at all but my now dh asked my mum before he proposed to me? just wondered if you has thought about that.

Wow, I've only just seen this thread. In these times of doom and gloom and the credit crunch it's so lovely to read that romance is not dead. I love all of your planning, it sounds fantastic and I think that the two of you will have a brilliant time.

Tina

I look forward to hearing all about it, so make sure you come back and tell us

You bet I will!!

Congratulations on your tag! :yay:

Laur's princess:

:) Thanks :) It was a long time coming!! lol

The ring is beautiful, i am sure she will love it, Have you asked for permission from her father at all, or does that not happen any more? not that i am old at all but my now dh asked my mum before he proposed to me? just wondered if you has thought about that.

I'm driving up to pay her dad a suprise visit in 2 weeks time, to ask his permission then. Think I'm mre nervous about that......

Wow, I've only just seen this thread. In these times of doom and gloom and the credit crunch it's so lovely to read that romance is not dead. I love all of your planning, it sounds fantastic and I think that the two of you will have a brilliant time.

Tina

Thanks Tina :) I'll be sure to let you know how it goes!

Can't believe I have missed this thread! :sad2:

You sure have one lucky girlfriend....or should I say Fiancee! :lovestruc The ring is gorgeous! She will love it. :cloud9:

I planned a surprise trip to Las Vegas for my DH's 30th birthday a few years ago....he knew nothing until the night before when I told him to pack for a week but I still didn't tell him where we were going. I had got some gifts/clues which I gave to him in the limo on the way to the airport and he finally guessed as we pulled into the airport! :goodvibes

I know how you must be feeling right now, so excited that you just want to blurt it all out! It's so hard having to watch everything you say! :rolleyes1

Oh wow the ring is fantastic:thumbsup2

Not long to go now, Ill be looking out for you:rotfl:

Hope you have an amazing magical time:banana:

Looking forward to reading all about your trip on your return:thumbsup2

OMG i am so jealoyus what a lovely boyfriend u r!! Can i marry you? lol She will have a ball there im 25 and i wanna go every year now lol!

love the ring :lovestruc

Thanks :) I'll be sure to post pics of it in real life when I get back :)

Can't believe I have missed this thread! :sad2:

You sure have one lucky girlfriend....or should I say Fiancee! :lovestruc The ring is gorgeous! She will love it. :cloud9:

I planned a surprise trip to Las Vegas for my DH's 30th birthday a few years ago....he knew nothing until the night before when I told him to pack for a week but I still didn't tell him where we were going. I had got some gifts/clues which I gave to him in the limo on the way to the airport and he finally guessed as we pulled into the airport! :goodvibes

I know how you must be feeling right now, so excited that you just want to blurt it all out! It's so hard having to watch everything you say! :rolleyes1

Keeping it secret has been so hard but with 5 days to go she still has no idea where we're going (at least I dont think she does!)

Oh wow the ring is fantastic:thumbsup2

Not long to go now, Ill be looking out for you:rotfl:

Hope you have an amazing magical time:banana:

Looking forward to reading all about your trip on your return:thumbsup2

Thanks Kerry! And thanks for my Boo too :)

Hope you have a wicked time out there too - who knows, we might bump into you!

OMG i am so jealoyus what a lovely boyfriend u r!! Can i marry you? lol She will have a ball there im 25 and i wanna go every year now lol!

I hope she gets the bug like you and wants to go every year too :yay:

So I thought it was time for an update:

I've just had lunch with Em's dad, and you'll be pleased to hear he has given me his permission and blessing to ask his daughter to marry me :banana: :banana: :banana:

I was so nervous about asking him - in fact more nervous than I am about asking Em :rotfl2:

Only 5 days to go now, and it's still a secret.

Oh - I almost forgot (actually I did forget but I can edit so knowone will ever know!) A very kind DISer (I wont mention names incase they're inundated with requests) has put me in contact with one of the managers at the California Grill so I've been speaking to her about the proposal and she's been great in helping me to prepare :) All I need to do now is turn up on the night and hand the ring off - the rest is sorted :)

I'll be sure to check in and say goodbye at some point on Tuesday........

PS I feel a bit guilty about being so excited on a day which has brought such crap news. I cannot imagine how any XL customers must be feeling right now and I really hope you all get complete refunds and manage to get out to Orlando ok :grouphug:

I hope she gets the bug like you and wants to go every year too :yay:

So I thought it was time for an update:

I've just had lunch with Em's dad, and you'll be pleased to hear he has given me his permission and blessing to ask his daughter to marry me :banana: :banana: :banana:

I was so nervous about asking him - in fact more nervous than I am about asking Em :rotfl2:

Only 5 days to go now, and it's still a secret.

Oh - I almost forgot (actually I did forget but I can edit so knowone will ever know!) A very kind DISer (I wont mention names incase they're inundated with requests) has put me in contact with one of the managers at the California Grill so I've been speaking to her about the proposal and she's been great in helping me to prepare :) All I need to do now is turn up on the night and hand the ring off - the rest is sorted :)

I'll be sure to check in and say goodbye at some point on Tuesday........

PS I feel a bit guilty about being so excited on a day which has brought such crap news. I cannot imagine how any XL customers must be feeling right now and I really hope you all get complete refunds and manage to get out to Orlando ok :grouphug:

:rotfl: I can imagine how that you might be more nervous asking Em's dad.Great news... Have a wonderful time... I'm sure you both will. How do you plan to do it or are you keeping that as a surprise to us?;)

Well done Craig for meeting with Em's Dad.
Has Em said anything to you-that has got you thinking she may know something :confused3 .I hope not.
Sounds great that you were able to talk to the manager-i hope it all goes to plan-you're not even there yet-yet i can't wait for you to return to tell us all about it :banana: .x.

Oh wow, how exciting! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

Nothing left to do now but wait. Good luck!

Hi well done for getting permission from Ems dad, just in case i dont get the chance to wish you a lovely holiday and to wish you all the best , i will do it now,

lots of love and best wishes to both of you and i hope she says YES!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter