My first 5k!!

TnTsParty

DIS Veteran
I just signed up for my first 5k run ~ The 4th Annual 5k Run to Cure Diabetes to benefit Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Interational in West Palm Beach, FL. It hasn't even been a full month since I got up off the couch. I went from training for the Race for the Taste 10k in Oct to deciding to do the Minnie 5k in May (since we are planning to be at WDW at that time anyway) Then I saw the ad for a 5k walk to benefit JDRF in the town next to me (right across from where I work) and decided to do that. Well it coincided with my nieces competition so I saw that the next weekend (April 8th) they have a walk and run so I am officially signed up for the run. I have never done this before so hopefully I will be able to do it (should be good practice for the Minnie 5k)

That's exciting! I am looking forward to my first 5K as well - the Minnie. Good luck! :cheer2:

Thanks. With any luck I will be there with you for the Minnie 5k. I am hoping this one will be good training for the Minnie!!

The Minnie is supposed to be my first 5k, but there's a 5k here on April 8 as well that's a benefit for the Hospice organization that took care of my mom last month, so I may sign up for that one at the last minute just as a trial run. Their 5k is listed as a "fitness walk," but I'd like to see what kind of time I could do anyway!

My first 5K will be May 6. It is called the Doggy Dash and benefits World Hunger Relief. After the timed 5K, there is a 5K and 1 mile fun run for families and dogs! I wish I could do the Minnie... how cool. Guess I have to wait until the 1/2 marathon to run in WDW!

Good Luck to everyone on their first 5k's!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter