My Family thinks I'm nuts

Joy4Ron

Earning My Ears
We are going to WDW in June, and we are taking friends who have never been to FL. In fact they've never been opn a real Vacation. So were totally excited.
I have been online for the last week trying to find every last deal and discount, in the hopes of making the trip even better...
On to my question. We are staying at the ASMo. Our family stayed there last yearr, and we loved it, but I didn't know if it would be even better to stay at a moderate, like CSR. Is there more to do? We'll be there 4 days (two in the parks), and we will have come from a week in Siesta Key on the beach.
I really don't want to pay much more than I am, but if a AAA discount would make it close, then I would sign up for AAA, unless there are codes out there that can help me.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
P.S. I'm kinda new to the boards, so forgive any breaches of ettiquette.

Codes are not yet out for June. If you check here several times a day, you'll be one of the first to know about it! CSR is my favorite resort for the $$$-it is amazing! You can book up to three rooms under your name for a discount, but you have to be there to check in and it will all go on your cc. We've done it before and it all works out. If you buy one annual pass (adult), you can book up to three rooms with the AP discount. Keep checking here! CSR is definitely worth it!

We stayed at Port Orleans last year and we really enjoyed the resort. There are two themed pools you can use, and we loved bike riding around the resort. There is a boat that takes you down to Downtown Disney. The resort is VERY beautiful.

If you don't plan on hanging out at the resorts much at all (just a place to sleep and clean up), the values are fine. Since you already did the All Stars, I would recommend you consider the new Pop Century. We stayed there in 2003 right after it opened and it was very nice for a value resort.

We are hoping to try each resort eventually during our WDW adventures, so that is probably why I think it is better to go with something new then to go back to the same place. I think trying out resort is half the fun of our visit.

There was SO much I didn't know about Disney until a couple of years ago when I found these boards. For example, I didn't know there were character meals at the resorts (something fun to do on 'non' park days). I didn't even know about Downtown Disney! Another fun thing to do on a 'non' park day.

Read through the boards, ask questions, and you will be able to plan a wonderful trip.

DJ

If I buy an AP, is the discount enough to cover an upgrade to a moderate and the cost of the AP? (or at least make it close)
I guess I should ask how good the AP discount traditionally is.

The discounts vary by season. The mods are usually around $79-value season, $89-99 regular season, and $109 peak. We did pay $109 for CSR and thought it was a STEAL at that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter