My F&W experience

Personally I was very glad they clamped down on parking abuse. I could actually find a spot this weekend near my hotel (BCV) which has been an issue in the past.

I don't understand the aversion to parking at Epcot. I am glad they are limiting parking at the nearby resorts. BWV parking is bad enough for self-park. They have to ensure there is enough for the resort guests.

That is not good news for DH about the three hour parking. He always has two friends who live in the area drive over on Sunday and meet him at ESPN Zone. They stay there watching football allll dayyy, from like 11 am to 6 pm, if not longer. Not sure how that is going to work if they are only going to be allowed to park for three hours. :confused3

They can pay for valet parking or park in the DHS lot and take the Friendship boat or walk to the Boardwalk.

I'm also glad they are restricting the parking lots at the Epcot resorts.

How is the zapiekanki-etc etc? I want to try it but though I have seen pictures of it, I am not sure what it will taste it. Care to give me a taste review? :)

So if people use valet parking at Boardwalk they can park longer than three hours? I mean, DH's friends aren't trying to get free parking to go to one of the parks. They would be Boardwalk resort guests in that they are paying customers at a restaurant at the resort. ESPN Zone should validate parking for their customers so they can show the parking attendants that they really were there eating/watching football for x amount of hours, and not getting free parking for the food and wine festival. Just curious, how does Disney even enforce the parking? If the resort says, ok you are dining at ESPN Zone so you can park for three hours max, what happens if they didn't go back in three hours? Do they get towed? How much grace period do they get, assuming there is one? 15 minutes? :confused3 It's sad because as far as I know, it's never been an issue any other year. DH's friends have always just explained they were going to ESPN Zone and have stayed there all day watching football and eating and drinking. Have never heard them say they got in trouble for parking there too many hours. Guess I will suggest Downtown Disney parking and taking the bus to Boardwalk from there.

Yeah you will not be able to park at BCV, we wanted to go to Beaches n Cream with the 8 year old for dinner and they would not let us in to park at all. Said we had to park at front of Epcot and walk thru park or take a bus.

The kid was upset he really wanted a hamburger for dinner from Beaches n Cream.

I understand why they do it, we have stayed at BCV in october in past years and I appreciate having a parking space when I get home.

Yeah you will not be able to park at BCV, we wanted to go to Beaches n Cream with the 8 year old for dinner and they would not let us in to park at all. Said we had to park at front of Epcot and walk thru park or take a bus.

The kid was upset he really wanted a hamburger for dinner from Beaches n Cream.

I understand why they do it, we have stayed at BCV in october in past years and I appreciate having a parking space when I get home.

I guess it goes both ways. People expect a parking spot when they get back to their resort for the day but people also expect a parking spot when they are going to eat somewhere. I don't want to go to Olive Garden and be told I have to park in the Best Buy parking lot down the street and then take a cab or walk to Olive Garden. :rotfl: Nor do I think I should have to pay for parking someplace else and then take a cab/walk to Olive Garden which it sounds like Disney is basically asking people to do. I guess that is how they make up for some of the cost of free dining, lol!

Park at DDD and take the bus to Boardwalk. Lots of space by Cirque d'soleil

The problem with doing this is that the Epcot resort buses from DTD stop at all five Epcot resorts in this order: Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club, Beach Club and Boardwalk. It will also stop at Typhoon Lagoon if that park is open. Allow a LOT of time for doing this.

They give out a 3 hour parking pass. The way it is supposed to work is that the cars are checked either for the parking pass with the time on it, or for parking passes that are issued to guests of the resort. If the car has neither, or the time has run out on the timed parking pass, the car could be removed from the lot. This way you get a parking spot if you are going to eat somewhere - for 3 hours. This ensures the guest is using the lot to go into the resort and eat, and not to eat and then go to the park. Unfortunately it does not take spending the day watching football at ESPN into consideration.

Valet parking would work, if it is available and the valet lot is not full.

Oh well, it's not my problem. DH's friends will have to figure it out. Just going to be a pain cuz ESPN will not seat a party until everyone in the party is present. So they are going to have to allow a lot of time to get to ESPN by 11:00 (which is when ESPN starts seating the long line of people gathered outside waiting to watch football) in case they have to park someplace else and take a bus/walk. While they are dealing with all that nonsense I will be enjoying me time in the parks/DTD! :cool1:

DESSERTS & CHAMPAGNE
Dessert Trio:
Yogurt Panna Cotta with Orange Cake, Raspberries and Pomegranate
Dark Chocolate Mousse with Chili and Salted Caramel
Nesquik Frozen Strawberry Foam

Those sound good....the Nesquik sounds interesting, it it really strawberry Nesquik? Was the Mousse good? I love salted caramel.

GREECE
Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki One of my favorites

HOPS & BARLEY
Pumpkin Mousse with Craisins and Orange Sauce Glad you commented on this....we must have missed this in previous years, but I love pumpkin flavored desserts. Thanks for sharing!

I love the pierogies and kielbasa in Poland but I really think they are just Mrs. T's pierogies. So I could by a whole box at the supermarket for the same price as the F&W portion. :rotfl:

The lobster roll was chilled. It was amazing!!! My niece went back for seconds!

The cuddler was just ok. It didn't have much taste.

Is the cuddler a claw? Is it already cracked or served off the shell? I have a hard enough time balancing easier foods to eat at F&W, I don't want to lose half of the food to the ground!

Oh well, it's not my problem. DH's friends will have to figure it out. Just going to be a pain cuz ESPN will not seat a party until everyone in the party is present. So they are going to have to allow a lot of time to get to ESPN by 11:00 (which is when ESPN starts seating the long line of people gathered outside waiting to watch football) in case they have to park someplace else and take a bus/walk. While they are dealing with all that nonsense I will be enjoying me time in the parks/DTD! :cool1:
Given that it's F&W, I would recommend that DH picks one of the myriad of sports bar in the Orlando area. Have your frinds pick him up (if he does not have a car) and that way they can enjoy as much time as they want. Otherwise, park at the Epcot parking lot. It's not *that* far from BW and you can hit some of Epcot on the way!

Melodious said:
How is the zapiekanki-etc etc? I want to try it but though I have seen pictures of it, I am not sure what it will taste it. Care to give me a taste review? :)

I didn't really care for it. Basically mushrooms, onions, tomato and cheese melted in bread. It was bland in my opinion.

Goofy's apprentice said:
I don't understand the aversion to parking at Epcot. I am glad they are limiting parking at the nearby resorts. BWV parking is bad enough for self-park. They have to ensure there is enough for the resort guests.

In another thread, folks were suggesting coming in through the IG because the lines at the kiosks on that end would be shorter under the premise that most people will start at the main entrance to the world showcase, so we thought we'd give it a try under their recommendation.

TheRatPack said:
DESSERTS & CHAMPAGNE
Dessert Trio:
Yogurt Panna Cotta with Orange Cake, Raspberries and Pomegranate
Dark Chocolate Mousse with Chili and Salted Caramel
Nesquik Frozen Strawberry Foam

Those sound good....the Nesquik sounds interesting, it it really strawberry Nesquik? Was the Mousse good? I love salted caramel.

Of the three, my favorite was the Lemon Custard Verrine with Blueberry Compote but I love things that are tart! The mousse was good but not anything that really stood out. The Nesquick foam really was strawberry nesquick that was in a frozen beverage machine.

vinotinto said:
Is the cuddler a claw? Is it already cracked or served off the shell? I have a hard enough time balancing easier foods to eat at F&W, I don't want to lose half of the food to the ground!

It is a claw served with the shell on. The shell is partially cracked for you. I was able to do the rest of the cracking with my hands.

Silly question (I have never had lobster, its not really a big thing here) but how do you eat something like that?

You crack open the shell and dip the muscle into melted butter. I am not a fan, but I am a weirdo.

In another thread, folks were suggesting coming in through the IG because the lines at the kiosks on that end would be shorter under the premise that most people will start at the main entrance to the world showcase, so we thought we'd give it a try under their recommendation.

This is pretty much true but Disney has caught onto this one regarding guests arriving by car, and giving out timed parking at the Epcot resorts. There are still options - valet parking is one, parking at DHS is another.

The other way to handle this is to enter from the main gate, but walk right past the kiosks closest to Future World and head for the back end of WS. Or take the boat around the lagoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter