My experience at The Poly this week

Lots of reasons a unit can be out of service. Toilet overflow hits the carpet. Toilet won't flush. Sliding door issue. Bloodstains on the wall.

The DVC rooms were probably out of commission due to a maintenance issue. The construction is on the other side of Poly property where the new DVC is being built.
The room the OP was switched to was near the new Poly tower site. They had DVC reserved for a cash stay but needed to be moved to a hotel room due to the DVC room being taken out of service.
Thank you. That is what I thought. Hopefully by the time we get there the issues will be fixed. OP, did you ever find out why your DVC room was out of commission?

Thank you. That is what I thought. Hopefully by the time we get there the issues will be fixed. OP, did you ever find out why your DVC room was out of commission?
The CM just said it was due to maintenance. I still think I should have received a phone call. Or fix the issue and get us in there the next day. But that was not offered. That is a large sum of money not to get what you paid for with no notification.

The CM just said it was due to maintenance. I still think I should have received a phone call. Or fix the issue and get us in there the next day. But that was not offered. That is a large sum of money not to get what you paid for with no notification.

It is possible that the issue was discovered that morning when they went to prepare the room and why you never got any advance notice that morning.

We have had that happen when we arrived and found out our room had an issue and were being put into a different room because of it.

It is possible that the issue was discovered that morning when they went to prepare the room and why you never got any advance notice that morning.

We have had that happen when we arrived and found out our room had an issue and were being put into a different room because of it.
We had that happen once. Somehow, the chandelier in the dining area "fell" from the ceiling and was dangling from the wiring. Special shout out to the prior occupants for that little piece of love. Got moved just fine, but it was something that wasn't discovered until the room was made up, and by then we were somewhere over Louisiana. Got in our new room with zero delay, but it was still last minute and I'm reasonably certain a lot of issues are really damage caused by prior occupants. Plugged toilets, broken receptacles, broken springs on Murphy beds, and broken chandeliers. We ended up in the same building and I happened to run into the electrician and struck up a conversation (I'm a GC so we started talking shop).

I would be extremely careful not to book there when the piling begins. I assume because of the water tables they have to? We stayed at a resort down at the shore (NJ) and received an upgrade to this huge suite. Soon to realize why. The next morning at 7 AM it started. I have never seen experienced that level of bang in my life. It was excruciating.

I would be extremely careful not to book there when the piling begins. I assume because of the water tables they have to? We stayed at a resort down at the shore (NJ) and received an upgrade to this huge suite. Soon to realize why. The next morning at 7 AM it started. I have never seen experienced that level of bang in my life. It was excruciating.
The water table level really doesn't have much to do with it, beyond affecting the foundation design. It's the cohesiveness of the soil and depth to bedrock (competent bearing material) that matters (think of an ocean pier that is literally sitting in 15 or 20 feet of free water). I'm sure you'd hit ground water within 2 or 3 feet just about everywhere on WDW property. That's why they built up Magic Kingdom 14 feet above existing grade before construction (even the Utilidor tunnels are technically above natural grade).

The DVC buildings are pretty far from the Poly2 construction site. I guess we will see if Disney is more, uh, considerate to cash guests and the wedding pavilion. With these stories, I'm not holding my breath.

Nobody should have been in the VGF2 room I was in, and nobody cared.

You all are making me worried for our first trip to the Poly the end of next month. Finally getting to stay at the Poly is one of the reasons we didn't cancel this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter