My Ebay Experience

DwarfMaster

<font color=teal>Nothing creepier than your deceas
I have only bought anything on Ebay a few times. I just received a package today & I'm soo disappointed. I ordered a CD set...One of those ones you can only buy on TV. Well it clearly listed 2 CDs & went as far as listing each song on each CD. Now I could've just ordered the CDs from TV...but I figured I might save myself a couple of bucks by ordering from Ebay. Well I guess sometimes you get what you pay for! The CD came today....1 CD....the "In-Stores Version"...clearly not the one listed.

I'm just mad at myself for even bothering with Ebay....next time I want something, I'll pay the extra $$$ to make sure I'm getting what I really paid for.

I know I can contact the seller....demand a refund...ship it back....wait 3 weeks for my money minus S&H and some restocking fee.......But I'm not even going to bother. I've learned my lesson the hard way. I'll just leave my Negative Feedback...take whatever they leave in return & go about my business. Hopefully the next person will see it & think twice before ordering.

Make sure you have contacted the seller to try and make it right before you leave negative feedback.

If that does not work and you used PayPal, file a complaint if you did not get what was listed.

DwarfMaster said:
I have only bought anything on Ebay a few times. I just received a package today & I'm soo disappointed. I ordered a CD set...One of those ones you can only buy on TV. Well it clearly listed 2 CDs & went as far as listing each song on each CD. Now I could've just ordered the CDs from TV...but I figured I might save myself a couple of bucks by ordering from Ebay. Well I guess sometimes you get what you pay for! The CD came today....1 CD....the "In-Stores Version"...clearly not the one listed.

I'm just mad at myself for even bothering with Ebay....next time I want something, I'll pay the extra $$$ to make sure I'm getting what I really paid for.

I know I can contact the seller....demand a refund...ship it back....wait 3 weeks for my money minus S&H and some restocking fee.......But I'm not even going to bother. I've learned my lesson the hard way. I'll just leave my Negative Feedback...take whatever they leave in return & go about my business. Hopefully the next person will see it & think twice before ordering.

Before you jump in with the negative, please give the seller a chance to rectify it! Perhaps they thought the item sold was how listed - you really should give them a chance. Please also re-read the description of the auction (you can PM me the auction number if you want to and I'm happy to take a look for you - I've had over 4500 transactions on ebay).

If you leave neg fb then you acknowledge that the transaction is over. You WILL get negged back if you don't give the seller a chance to rectify the situation - even I would neg someone who did that to me - and I've only had 4 negs in my ebay history (all retaliatory after I have tried to have the seller rectify the situation).

Good luck!!!

I also urge you to wait. Could be that the seller made a simple mistake and will work extra hard to fix it. What was their feedback like?

And if it is indeed what they intended to send you and is NOT what was listed, then you can report them to both Paypal and ebay. Don't give up yet and let us know what happens or if you have any other questions.

DwarfMaster said:

YIKES! Everyone makes mistakes. I got a money order recently from a buyer that was for quite a bit less than it should have been---rather than just leaving Negative Feedback--I contacted her to see if it was a mistake--it was, she mixed two of us up, and she apologized and corrected it immediately. WIN-WIN situation for both of us rather than hasty negatives left on both sides.

I have received wrong items from disneyshopping.com and other catalog companies---it doesn't just happen on Ebay.

Contact the seller, find out if it was a mistake (maybe they mixed up orders...who knows). If so, they'll most likely correct it. If not, follow through with your plan.

What kind of feedback did that seller have?

It's not really fair to leave negative feedback if you haven't contacted the seller to make it right.

The seller has 98.9% feedback...with 85,000 entries.

...But after I had ordered the item there have been 2 other negatives from people ordering the same item (I think they had 6 or 7 up for bid) & not getting what they ordered.

I emailed the seller & will wait for her response.....but in the future I'll skip Ebay. I know there are so many good honest sellers out there, but I don't have the patience to deal with a bad seed....I guess that's why I've always shy'd away from ebay.

DwarfMaster said:
The seller has 98.9% feedback...with 85,000 entries.

...But after I had ordered the item there have been 2 other negatives from people ordering the same item (I think they had 6 or 7 up for bid) & not getting what they ordered.

I emailed the seller & will wait for her response.....but in the future I'll skip Ebay. I know there are so many good honest sellers out there, but I don't have the patience to deal with a bad seed....I guess that's why I've always shy'd away from ebay.

At 85 THOUSAND feedback, I personally wouldn't worry about the 2-3 fb's they got recently.

Have you re-read the auction - is it possible that you got just what you ordered - that you perhaps thought you were ordering something else?

Also, with fb that high, it's possible that they may not get to your email until Monday (they are likely a business, and likely closed on the weekend).

I hope it all works out for you!

You should at least notify the seller and give them a chance to rectify the situation. Just leaving an angry negative doesn't solve anything.

I had a similar situation last week. I recieved another version of an item than I had seen in the ad, and it was a simple mistake, not a dupe. The real item arrived two days after I contacted the seller, and included a post-paid envelope to put the first item in for a simple return. In your case, if they have that much feedback, they are probably a big operation and don't know they are sending out the wrong item. Is that their fault? Yes, but it could very well be a simple mistake, which by sending them an email you could help and rectify for yourself at the same time.

Leaving negative feedback without even contacting the seller is why most sellers these days refuse to leave feedback until you have left it for them. It didn't used to be that way, and I don't run my auctions that way (when you pay, you've fufilled your part, so I leave feedback then), but unfortunately it's now part of the culture of eBay because so many people would rather fire off a negative for instant-gratification (if leaving a complaint gratifies you) instead of a simple email to the seller which could fix it very quickly.

NED

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter