My DME report-5/7 to 5/11

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
First, I never received anything in the mail so I was somewhat nervous. No problem at all! When I got to the airport, I just looked for the people with the Mickey hands, just like the CM on the phone told me. Only about 1/2 of them had the hands, but they were all dressed in blue and beige so I was OK. Check in was just like checking in at a hotel, a couple people in front of me, but plenty of CMs at the counter. Then we were directed to another line-actually about 5 lines for different "groups" of hotels. There was a CM there who'd ask which hotel you were going to, then direct you to a line. Each line also had a sign listing the hotels for that line, so you really couldn't miss it. The day before check-out we got a ME transportation envelope under our door, with return instructions, but we weren't given a pick up time, because they said they didn't have our return flight information (although I'd verified it was when we arrived-Oh, well!) So I called the # in the packet, got a time, and a confirmation #. The day of check-out, we went downstairs, got our boarding passes at the desk (no wait), got our food to go at the store (remember, airlines don't feed you now so it's nice to sit on the airplane with Disney food!), rode the bus back with about 3 other people. We made one brief stop before reaching the airport. Overall, everything ran very smoothly, I thought, considering that it was the first week. Oh, except when we got on the bus for our return trip, the driver asked for our vouchers. Vouchers? Vouchers? What Vouchers? But he just handed us a preprinted form "replacement voucher" it said, which I had to sign. It kind of surprised me that they hadn't mentioned it at the check-in desk. Also, the desk is only open 6:00am-2:00pm. I'd like to see them stay open a few hours later for people who have late flights, not us I'm afraid. Any questions?

How long do you think it took you from the time you deplaned until you arrived at your hotel?

Did you stop at many other hotels before yours and how long were such stops if there were any?

TIA! :sunny:

It's hard to be sure of the time, since I deplaned and registered while I was waiting for my mother to arrive. When she arrived, I'd already registered, and I'd say we were less than an hour from getting to the line for the buses to check-in. We were the first stop. Oh, yes-I just remembered-later that night we met some people who'd been on the same bus from the airport. Some 3 1/2 hours after the bus arrived at the Beach Club, their luggage hadn't yet arrived. We only had carry-ons, so I don't know if their experience was typical.

thank you I am leaving shortly this Saturday and still haven't received anything from ME.

they have my reservation I have checked!

how long did it take you to get from your hotel to the airport for your trip home? Did you have to be there a full 3 hours before your flight departed?

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am going to use ME, but I am a little nervous and considering Murray Hills.

hojo said:
how long did it take you to get from your hotel to the airport for your trip home? Did you have to be there a full 3 hours before your flight departed?

The flight was at 11:50, and we were told to be there at 9:05. The stop at the BWV didn't take long, and if I remember correctly, it was less than an hour from hotel to airport, even with that one stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter