My Disney Vacation Self Made Drama

Pbogtret

Earning My Ears
So, DH and I were booked for 9/30 - 10/8 to celebrate my 50th. I turn 50 the day after MK does. We booked at the begining of the year when we thought things would be in a good spot. (PS we are both vaccinated). As the time passed and things were getting worse in Florida, we canceled our trip as we (OK me) we’re concerned about the numbers in Florida and the influx of people for the celebration.

We (OK me) decided to book a vacation here in the North East where we could drive. So I booked a vacation on Cape Cod for the off season.… 3 different hotels so we had different views etc. We were going to hop to the islands (Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard) for some day trips.…. And there I sat….. not thrilled with what I could pull together in the off season on the cape.

Sooooooooo we (OK me) decided to cancel 2 of the 3 hotels we were going to stay at and booked 4 days on the cape and then the rest of the time at Foxwoods in CT.….. and there I sat again thinking, what are we going to do around Foxwoods for all that time as we aren’t gamblers or drinkers.

We (OK me) thought about rebooking Disney for the week before the celebration hoping that the crowds are low in hopes most are waiting for the celebration.

That brings us to today! Booked 9/24 - 10/1 was able to get my flights moved, got the 25% discount on the room at Coronado. Was able to book dining for each night.

my DH has whiplash from all the vacation changes I have done in the last month! Lol

It all boiled down to me realizing, this virus isn't going anywhere….. we (OK me) need to learn how to still live/love life with it existing on earth. It seems like there will always be new mutations of this virus popping up for quite some time. I don’t know when there will ever be that “perfect” time to travel again where I will feel as safe as I did pre pandemic.

We are going to take all the precautions we can and try to have a good time….. it’s the best we can do. ❤

I don't feel so bad after reading your post - I've made my share of back and forth changes too. Sometimes I book and cancel so many times due to changing dates, new discounts, etc, that my saved "canceled reservations" doc file looks like something out of Russell Crowe's "Beautiful Mind". :bored:

Yay, so exciting. You're going to have a fantastic time. We went to Germany and Poland a few weeks ago, and we had the best time.....despite it all. Life is too short! We took all the precautions, but still had so much fun.

Hope you have a great time. I was at Universal with my husband on September 4th and we returned home on the 5th.
Honestly, the worst thing we dealt with was some of the people on the plane from Boston.

We wore masks indoors and out, didn't have any issues with that. The biggest pain for me was that of all times to get a migraine, it would be that day.

We have had the same discussion and came to the same conclusion.
We are vaccinated, don't believe the virus is going to go away anytime in the near future and need to learn to live around it safely. For us, that means going back to wearing the mask more often.
We are keeping our trip in mid October. We have also decided, we will be doing RD and probably head back to the resort after lunch when the parks are most crowded.
While different, we plan to enjoy our trip.

excellent decision, as we are in same situation. Live in MA, 2 adults fully vaccinated, my 50th bday is nov 6 we planned a short nov 1-5 getaway and have been back and forth on what to do. We are going!

excellent decision, as we are in same situation. Live in MA, 2 adults fully vaccinated, my 50th bday is nov 6 we planned a short nov 1-5 getaway and have been back and forth on what to do. We are going!

I hope you have a great time! We are leaving on Friday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter