My Disney Engagement

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by Goldeelox9, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Goldeelox9

Goldeelox9 Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

Look at the "Hidden Mickey" ring my FDH picked out for me!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pete, out of the blue, says to me "I Have a present for you". Instantly I hope for an engagement ring. Hey, I'm a girl ok!! So I am sitting in the chair in the dining room and he comes at me with a huge bag.

Huge Bag = No ring

I am still excited to be getting a present! On top of the bag is the sweetest, most genuine love letter I have ever read. I start crying and he laughs at me. LOL Then he tells me open my present and I reach in the bag and it is a HUGE box. I open the box and there is something breakable inside. I lift off the tolp styrofome and there is the pretties Disney Snow Globe.

I take a closer look and I see that it is inscribed with a message!

I read it and look at Pete and read it again and then Pete looks into my eyes, as he is pulling a ring box out of his pocket and says "So, Will You Marry Me?" I said "Yes!" and I held my hand out, it was all shaky and he took the ring in his fingers, he was all shaky too and he placed it on my finger. I was really crying now! He put the prettiest ring I HAVE EVER SEEN on to my shaky hand. It is so shiny and sparkly and set in platinum! He hugged me and kissed me and told me how much he loved me. Then he said "There is one more thing." I said "No, there isn't, this can not be topped." I took another box out of the gift bag and inside was a Pewter DVD case, that he also had inscribed.

There is space inside for a DVD and a Picture! How awesome. So then he says to me "Did you see I had them put Lisa & Pete's Magical Wedding Day?" I said "that is why I am crying again! LOL

So we are engaged! I am so so excited! I love this man more then life it's self!

We are planning a Disney Cruiseline wedding for November 2008!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Illuminations_Rocks

Illuminations_Rocks DIS Veteran

beautiful! what a clever way to propose:love: . Congratulations!!!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. theantibride

theantibride Mouseketeer

Congratulations! How inventive of him and you'll always have a treasure of your special moment!

5. The Charmed One

The Charmed One We got married on the 4th Oct 2006 at Cypress Grov

That is so sweet, what a wonderful proposal, your rings is beautiful.

Congratulations to you both.

6. D&R love Disney

D&R love Disney DIS Veteran

What a wonderful engagement. Did he have the ring specially made?

7. Goldeelox9

Goldeelox9 Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

It’s not a Mickey Mouse Ring, not a real one, I am sure the designer of the Ring wasn’t designing the ring to have a Mickey head in it (although there is a designer who specializes in Disney Jewelry), It just looks like one. Pete said he picked it because the three side diamonds reminded him of the Mickey Mouse diamond earrings I wear every day, except all three side diamonds are the same size and the bottom one isn’t bigger (like on the earrings), but didn’t think anyone else would notice. He was shocked by how many other people see the “Hidden Mickey” (HAHAHA) I seen it right away! He was all surprised, he thought it would be our own private hidden Mickey. ;) I think if people didn’t know about my love of all things Disney, they wouldn’t see it so readily! I love it, I love how it isn’t all flashy Mickey Mouse in your face, and how it still very much looks like an engagement ring, with only a tiny hidden Disney touch! :)

8. mhcueball2

mhcueball2 Mouseketeer

Congrats. Very sweet story. Now on with the planning ;)

9. oneyodafan

oneyodafan Woman With Hobbit Feet

Congrats!!!

10. PrincessaKitty

PrincessaKitty Earning My Ears

This ring is for sale on Ebay.
    On Ebay search for diamond Mickey Mouse ring.
    Real diamonds 14k white gold

Attached Files: