• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My Disney crowd went from 4 to 18

Candy30

DIS Veteran
Due to the CVZ rate, several members of my family are going to disney with us. From both sides of the family. It will be 7 adults and 11 children. :earseek: Any suggestions? Help? I know we can't do every thing together but I don't even know where to begin now.

We took 15 in November..that's just my immediate family (mom, dad, sisters and families and my family). It was 8 adults and 7 kids so at least our adults out numbered the kids. We had a few ALL group activities (PS at Cinderella's Royal Table, Fantasmic, MVMCP) and actually it always seemed like we lost one or two people to other activities. The key is to PLAN but also to be very flexible. In the parks we mostly went our separate ways...meeting up now and again. Food brings a family together though and that was when we were together the most!

I don't have any suggestions but I do want to say I am envious of you! I would love to have someone from my family there with us! Adult conversation with people you know. Trading babysitting for an evening alone!

I am excited to have my family with me. I have most of my plans together with my immediate family. I just hope to get reservation for the rest of my family. I like maddiemom's suggestion to meet for dinner. I am excited, I have 95 days left.:p

I'm coming with ten friends and family members next year. I am going to try and achieve a balance of doing things together as a group and having time for people to go their separate ways. Not everyone likes to do all the same things so we respect that and just plan to do those things we all enjoy in common. I would definitely solicit opinions from everyone on what they would like to do and where they would like to eat. Sometimes the meals are the biggest challenges.

We are going in August with a total of 15(8adults and 7 kids ages 17-2) We are staying at the BC for its location and pool. We will be spending time at the resort due to the time of year we are going and the ages of the young ones that will need naps. We have made some PS for breakfast and 1 dinner and plan to split up quite a bit. There are 4 teens that will go off and do their thing and I'm sure the adults will also split up at different times. Our big plan is to take it as it comes. Meal time will be our meeting and planning time. :bounce:

We're making plans for a trip with 10 next May. There will be 6 adults and 4 kids - ages 5, 9, 11 & 12. I am the only Disney nut (other than the kids) and I will probably be the planner for the trip. I'm sure we will be splitting up - but hopefully we can all stay together within the same park most of the time. The idea of getting together for meals sounds great! It would be a great time to sit down and tell everyone else about your adventures! :)

It looks like a challenge for all of us! WDWnutz make sure u post how it goes in August so I can learn from your experience! :D

Here's what we've done tho not so many people. Each family does what the want. Either before you leave or soon after arrival set a time and place to meet, maybe lunch or dinner. At that meeting time set a time the next day. That way everybody gets to do what they want plus you get to spend time together.

We like meeting in the upstairs lobby at the Poly, or the downstairs lobby of the Grand Floridian. Our favorite lobby is the Wilderness Lodge. Tuskers is also a good place to meet, or the Kona Cafe in the Poly.

Have fun!!:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter