• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My dining reservations

MissKris721

Mouseketeer
I am disneymooning in June and I have the platinum plan. Here are our reservations...any suggestions or opinions are welcome!

Mon
Breakfast: Grand Floridian cafe
Lunch: CRT
Dinner: Narcoosse

Tues
Lunch: Flame Tree BBQ
Dinner: Captain Jack's

Wed
Breakfast: Chef Mickeys
Lunch: Sci Fi
Dinner: Brown Derby

Thurs
Breakfast: 1900 Park Fare
Lunch: Sommerfest
Dinner: Le Ceiler

Fri
Breakfast: Grand Floridian Cafe
Lunch: San Angel
Dinner: Coral Reef

Sat
Breakfast: Grand Floridan Cafe
Lunch: ???
Dinner Hoop Dee Doo Revue

Sun
Breakfast: Crystal Palace
Dinner: The Californai Grill (and yes we will be seated during fireworks)

Lot's of really nice places in that list.

For my family it would be to many sitdowns and too much time spent at meals. It looks like most days you have 5-6 hours worth of meal time. June is very hot, i tmay be hard doing lots of park stuff after so many large meals. I know during the hot months, we usually only eat twice per day and snack.

Looks like you had lots of fun planning your Disneymoon:bride: Have a ball!

I just wanted to say hello. I'm starting my July honeymoon in Disney and am trying to plan my dining too. I think your list looks great - although as the previous poster mentioned, your day will be quite filled going to all those sit down meals. The GF Cafe is fabulous for breakfast. Excellent choice. And Narcoosees is another one of my favorites. I'm trying to decide between Narcoosees and Citricos. :bride: Best wishes as you continue your planning!

I am disneymooning in June and I have the platinum plan. Here are our reservations...any suggestions or opinions are welcome!

Mon
Lunch: CRT
Dinner: Narcoosse

Tues
Lunch: Flame Tree BBQ
Dinner: Captain Jack's

Wed
Breakfast: Chef Mickeys
Lunch: Sci Fi
Dinner: Brown Derby

Thurs
Breakfast: 1900 Park Fare
Lunch: Sommerfest
Dinner: Le Ceiler

Fri
Breakfast: Grand Floridian Cafe
Lunch: San Angel
Dinner: Coral Reef

Sat
Breakfast: Grand Floridan Cafe
Dinner Hoop Dee Doo Revue

Sun
Breakfast: Crystal Palace
Dinner: The Californai Grill (and yes we will be seated during fireworks)

It sounds fantastic. The days are long, so go ahead and enjoy all your TS's DH and I love the breaks that TS's give us. Enjoy your honeymoon and your marriage!!

What about Boma for one of your open lunches? We also love, love, love 'Ohanas for dinner and recommend that. However, you'd have to swithc things around to make room for that because they don't serve lunch. Maybe Kona Cafe would be a good fit as well.

I have only dined at 3 of the places that you picked so here are my opinions.

1900 Park Fare for breakfast. We had 10:30 reservations on our check out day 12/4/06. The place was mobbed with people and it is very awkward getting into the place because all the tables are placed at the entrance. Mary Poppins was sitting outside the entrance and no one was talking to her. Pooh and Tigger were there along with Alice and the Mad Hatter...motley crew of characters and they zipped from table to table very fast. The food was terrible. There was only one omelet/egg station open and the line was super long. The food was way overcooked and was obviously sitting a long time because it was hard and dried out. We did like the bread pudding with vanilla sauce and the strawberry soup. The fruit was terrible and the breads were all hard and dried out. The OJ and grapefruit juice were not fresh, the were bottled and way to sweet. The noise level in this place was ridiculous...way too loud. We had gone to other character breakfasts this week and never had a problem but our reservations were for 8 am so that may be the ticket to a better experience.

Le Cellier for dinner was so worth the wait! This place is the best! The breads were hot and fresh and plentiful. We had the most amazing caesar salad, the famous cheese soup, mushroom filet with bernaise sauce and bbq filet with a side of the wild mushrooms. Everything was perfect, not one complaint here.

Crystal Palace was great! We got there at 8 am and the characters were out in full force and spent plenty of time with everyone. The food was wonderful, hot, fresh and tons of it, very good food and lots of choices! The fruit was amazing, super fresh and ripe. The OJ and grapefruit juice were fresh squeezed and our glasses were never empty.

If you have the Platinum plan - why isn't Victoria and Alberts on the list - isn't it included in the plan? That appears to be the ultimate in Disney dinning (never been). Or how about just room service a meal or two - might be nice to just 'sleep in' LOL. I think room service is also included in the Plat plan. Have a great honeymoon.

Personally, I would lose Le Cellier and/or Captain Jack's and add one or more of the following:

Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge)
Flying Fish Cafe (Boardwalk)
bluezoo (Dolphin)
Wolfgang Puck Cafe (Downtown Disney)
Spirit of Aloha dinner show (Polynesian)

Hi there, I just did the platinum plan so I can tell you there is a LOT of eating involved lol

I like your ADR's but I would skip Captain Jack's in DTD, it is really not that great. How abuot Wolfgang Puck's Cafe?

Make sure you do lots of tours and recreation, because it is included. I don't see your platinum fireworks cruise listed, you know you get one either at MK for Wishes or EPCOT for IllumiNations. Make sure you book that.

Me again, you also get La Nouba with the Platinum Plan, so try to squeeze it in somewhere. You can also go to V & A as many times as you like, that is something you could also try and do as it is a very special dining experience.

I'm of the mindset that 3 TS meals a day are too many. I'm looking at your Wednesday with Chef Mickey's, Sci-Fi and Brown Derby. Those are all great places and you'll want to sample all the foods but I know I would just be too full! Just remember that you don't have to order all of the courses. Or you can get an appetizer and dessert to share and order your own entrees. We learned that just because the Dining Plan includes a ton of food, you don't have to order or eat it all.

I do think your plan looks wonderful! Hope you have a great time!:)

Thanks for everyone's comments and opinions! I will share them with my future husband. My future husband does not want to eat at Victoria and Alberts....doesn't want to bring a suit jacket. We are doing Cirque and the fireworks cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter