My DD just diagnosed with cervical cancer..

kdzgon

DIS Veteran
My 27 yr old daughter has just learned 2 days ago that she has cervical cancer. She has three malignancies, plus growths on her ovaries. She's active duty USN, stationed in VA (we're in north Jersey). It has taken a month for the biopsies to come back; they are going to operate but we don't know when yet. She has 2 sons, 3 1/2 and 20 mos. She's home for the weekend (previously planned trip) so I have to stay positive for her, but man, oh man, it's tough. Just in the past 3 yrs, another DD lost her best friend to cancer (22y), my friend lost her DD (26y) to lymphoma, we lost my sister to breast cancer last year (47, 2 kids), my friend is battling breast cancer (2nd time) and my son's godfather is battling renal cancer right now. I'm a little shell-shocked overall, considering recent history.

I'm a big believer in the power of prayer, so although I have never actually met anyone here, I'm asking for your help with prayers for my daughter Alexis. I have seen miracles worked with prayer chains, and I believe in God's Will. (I believe prayers didn't fail my sister and the others but rather it was ultimately time that God had better plans in store.)

Thanks so much ~

Laurie

Thank you so much.

Prayers and good thoughts Laurie. You will find that the Dis is wonderful about being so supportive.

prayers said. This is, I believe very treatable. I had early stage cerv. cancer. or according to the second dr. severe pre-cancer. It is slow-moving enough that they let me take hormone therapy for thirty days, three times. The first dr wanted to do a total hysterectomy. It ended well and no surgery, although I had to have several biopsies over a couple years.

Cervical cancer survivor here - please feel free to PM me if you have any questions. But I must warn you, I have really blocked out so much of it! Weird, huh?

Good luck, stay as positive as you can and vent when you need to. :grouphug:

I will keep your DD and your entire family in my prayers.

I just lost a good friend to cancer as well. I'm so sorry for all of your losses and your DD is in my prayers.

I know how hard it is when this affects those you hold dear...especially young ones. I will pray for you and your daughter...because as a mother your worries are compounded. Good luck and a speedy recovery.

kdzgon said:
My 27 yr old daughter has just learned 2 days ago that she has cervical cancer. She has three malignancies, plus growths on her ovaries. She's active duty USN, stationed in VA (we're in north Jersey). It has taken a month for the biopsies to come back; they are going to operate but we don't know when yet. She has 2 sons, 3 1/2 and 20 mos. She's home for the weekend (previously planned trip) so I have to stay positive for her, but man, oh man, it's tough. Just in the past 3 yrs, another DD lost her best friend to cancer (22y), my friend lost her DD (26y) to lymphoma, we lost my sister to breast cancer last year (47, 2 kids), my friend is battling breast cancer (2nd time) and my son's godfather is battling renal cancer right now. I'm a little shell-shocked overall, considering recent history.

I'm a big believer in the power of prayer, so although I have never actually met anyone here, I'm asking for your help with prayers for my daughter Alexis. I have seen miracles worked with prayer chains, and I believe in God's Will. (I believe prayers didn't fail my sister and the others but rather it was ultimately time that God had better plans in store.)

Thanks so much ~

Laurie

Thank you so much.

Prayers will be said before I go to bed, :grouphug:

and a little bit of pixie dust to cheer you up : pixiedust:

I'm so sorry. Prayers coming to you from Alabama.

:grouphug: and prayers for her!

I am dealing with the pre now. With all the treatments they have now, your DD will be just fine. I know it is hard now, but I just know she'll be OK.

From one stranger to another, my prayers are with your daughter and with you......
:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter