My credit card charged for CRT even though we're on Deluxe Dining Plan?

3prettyprincesses

"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"
Why did they charge my card? When I booked it online, I retrieved my resort reservation to book it. What do I do? :confused3

While I could be wrong... If I remember correctly WDW charges (temporarily if the meal will be covered by a dining plan) for some restaurants to protect against "no shows".

While I could be wrong... If I remember correctly WDW charges (temporarily if the meal will be covered by a dining plan) for some restaurants to protect against "no shows".

I have never been charged for this on the dining plan in advance, they take my CC number but no charge ever appears. OP- you should call the 406-WDW-DINE and explain this to a CM. I think I remember someone else having this happen when they did their ADR's online. The online system was down when I did my ADR's so I had to call and mine was not charged for Mickeys BBQ and CRT.

When we did CRT on the DDP a few years ago, they took out credit card #, but nothing was charged....it only would have been charged is we did a no-show.

we did CRT last Nov, and my card was charged the $306 (Me, DH, 2 DD's, DS, DM, DF) as soon as I made the reservation last September. This Nov, we are skipping it.

The online system rarely, if ever, is able to recognize that a user is on the dining plan, whether or not you put in your resort reservation number. Therefore, people who want to pay with DDP for a prepaid meal event are getting charged in full when booking online. You can get your payment refunded when you check in at the restaurant, or you can call WDW-DINE and try to get it refunded - but they'll have to cancel the reservation and book another one to do that.

To avoid this completely, don't use the online system to book reservations that require prepayment. If you do, be very cautious when you use the checkout feature, and make sure you are not being charged the full price before you accept the reservation.

Had this happen to me twice for our upcoming trip. I agree with Nala, the online system doesn't always realize you're on the dining plan. Just call WDW DINE and they'll refund the money back. Took about 2 bus. days for the credit to hit my card.

This happened to me too for both CRT and HDDR even though we have deluxe dining. I read the advice here on the boards and decided to call the dining line for a refund. The first CM that I spoke with when I called for a refund told me that it was Disney's policy to charge all diners in full for CRT and HDDR weather they were on the dining plan or not to prevent no-shows. Having read that this was not true I called back a second time and got a great CM that appologized for charging my credit card, made me new reservations for both CRT and HDDR for the exact same time that I had requested - this time with just a credit card hold - and then cancelled the original reservations and refunded my payment. I got confirmation numbers for the new reservations and also a refund confirmation number. It really depends who you speak to when you call. If you don't get the help that you're looking for call back! I have also read here on the boards that there is no way to refund your credit card at CRT - they have to give you a Disney Gift Card in the amount of the charge - I really don't think that is very fair to the customer but that's more money in Disney's pocket!

I had the exact same thing happen to me last week when I made my ADRs online (for CRT and Mickey's Backyard BBQ) so I called, had the CM make new reservations, and then cancel the old reservations and refund my credit card.

I had this happen to me also!!
I called and they canceled and rescheduled. I recved a credit in 3 days.
The CM said she had to open 2 screens at the same time to be sure she didn't lose my res. You might want to mention this.

HTH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter