• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My Creative Express order is here!!

sweet maxine

DIS Veteran
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Oh my! How exciting! I can't wait to play with all this stuff! Looks like I got several freebies too!

The Crafter's Cardstock block (6 X 6) is great, and a deal for $2! Also, I love the Brights Paper Florals--lovely paper! I can't wait to use these paper punches.

Now what can I use to punch with if I don't have the mat yet? A cutting board or a self-healing mat?

Hey! No fair!! :headache: How did you get yours before me when I ordered first! LOL

That's so cool! When I first asked about this, someone told me that the pad was a little like a mouse pad. (I'm assuming she meant the kind with a plastic surface, not the old ones that were fabric covered.) I figured I'd try one of those - but now I may get to Mikes before they arrive, so I'll just use one of my 50% coupons for the mat.

I'd be afraid to use a cutting board as it might dull the edge on the punch.

I think you'll need to get an opinion from someone who already has one. The Coluzzle mat is very porous & I don't think it would protect your furniture enough. A Making Memories mat is much harder than a mousepad. So is the Creative Memories self-healing mat, although it's at least flexible so it might be closer to the Sizzix mat. :confused3

If I lived where you do & couldn't get to a regular craft store I'd be sorely tempted to run over to Wally World to pick up an optical mouse pad if I didn't have an extra. ;)

Thanks, Deb! I've never heard of an optical mouse pad, but probably DS knows just what that is. We'll look this afternoon, 'cause I know I'll want to try out this new toy today!

Yay!! Have fun playing with everything! I am excited about receiving my Crafters Cardstock block now since you have posted!! Tuesday is so far away! LOL

Have fun and let us know how it goes! I have a self healing mat and a MM mat, so I plan on using one of those. I hope it works, I would hate to think I had to spend more money and buy one!! :rotfl2:

Have fun! I was thinking of using the MM self healing mat too! With the 99 cent shipping I thought about ordering the hammer :)

becky7953 said:
Have fun! I was thinking of using the MM self healing mat too! With the 99 cent shipping I thought about ordering the hammer :)

The hammer is the 19th piece in the set: 18 punches & the hammer.

About the mat - let me go back & see if I can find the original question & answer. I'm worried about using the MM mat due to its firmness.

ETA: OK I looked it up. It was Dizney-Cruiser who answered the first time. I think she's at work now, but I sent her a PM asking for more info. Hopefully she'll read it & post soon.

Okay, well second pkg. arrived today. Looks like I had ordered a Sizzix craft mat to use with the punches. I guess in all the ordering frenzy, I overlooked that one little fact. :blush:

I'm glad you got a mat! I just wanted to report on the mats. I'd intended to pick up the mat with a 50% coupon, but neither Mikes or ACM had them - just the starter kits. :confused3

Anyway, there was a Paddle Punch Starter Kit at ACM today that someone had already opened. I stuck my thumb & index finger into the packaging to feel the mat. It is much more like the MM mat that I'd imagined! It's thinner, but is nowhere near as flexible/soft as an optical mouse pad.

I'm not giving up on that mat though. That's the whole reason I went to ACM & Mikes today - for the mat. They didn't have the Sizzix slide mount die or the file folder Coluzzle template either. :( Would you believe that I didn't even get to use a 50% coupon?!?!? I still have all 3 of them! And I have a JoAnns one for tomorrow too. :( I need to use my coupons!! Must....save....money!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I got mine order yesterday... cool I got the hammer. Thanks for the info. :) Now in search of the mat. :) I think I will hit Joann's tomorrow. :) A shopping I must go..... :)

piratesmate said:
Would you believe that I didn't even get to use a 50% coupon?!?!? I still have all 3 of them! And I have a JoAnns one for tomorrow too. :( I need to use my coupons!! Must....save....money!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I went to Michaels Thursday and left EMPTY HANDED! We're heading back today for the Kid's Craft so I HAVE to find something today. I can't be a coupon waster, lol!

Jeanne

Whoo hoo!! Both my orders came today!!! Yippee! I didn't realize I had ordered so much paper (6 x 6), but that is great because I am starting two paper bag albums soon!! Love the Paddle Punches, I just have to figure out how to store them now!!

:)

Well I tried mine and read the directions for a change. LOL It must have been a man who wrote them though! :rotfl: It says that several moderate hits are better than one mighty whack. All I can think is that it's a man's "moderate" as opposed to my idea of moderate. I felt like it took 5 harder taps than eyelets do. I used the MM mat.

I'm not disappointed - I just thought it needed more force than I thought from reading the directions. I'll be interested to hear how the rest of you make out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter