• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

My Coke Rewards and Mystic CT Questions

wedindis'00

Mouseketeer
Over the last week I used MCR points for 2 tix to Mystic Aquarium, Seaport Museum, and The Dinosaur Place.

I have never been to any of these places and would love some opinions.

I also have enough points to get a Restaurant Dot Com Voucher and was wondering if someone could make some recomindations.

It will be myself, DW, DD twins 3, and DS 9 mos.

THANKS

We live about 45 mins up 95. All are great places for children the ages that your group is. We just tried the Dinosour place a few months ago. Very cute for a couple of hours. They do have a splash park for the little ones, so bring some suits for them. Very cute playground. If you can give me the names of the resturants I can see if there is any that we have been to.
Have fun!!!
Christa

The Mystic Aquarium is great. I love the walruses and the beluga whales. Mystic in general is a really cute/fun town. When we went I insisted on eating at Mystic Pizza because of the movie, lol.

I am about 40 min from both Mystic & the Dinosaur place.

We were members to the aquarium for the past 2 years so I didn't renew.

The Aquarium usually has the Birds of Prey exhibit & it opens at 10. I strongly suggest getting to it at 10 because the birds are hungry then. If you wait until 11 they most likely won't come to your stick of food. They get another hunger pain in the afternoon but I am not exactly sure what time.

My kids loved feeding the birds, even my youngest who is now 3.

They also love the sting ray exhibit & I usually make that last because they will stay in there for a good hour (or it seems like an hour) trying to touch them.

The shops next to the aquarium are cute too. And I can spend all day there just window shopping.

I haven't been to the seaport in at least 15 years but my sister & her dh went last summer & they liked it.

We haven't been to the Dinosaur place in probably 2 years either. My kids like it. I wasn't sure what to expect when we went the first time. But it was sticker shock!

They did the sprinkler park & it is pretty big. We walked the trails & saw the fake dinosaurs. They loved the playground too & I thought I saw that they were adding something new this year in the Mystic magazine I got a few weeks ago.

Places to eat, ack, since we are 'local' we don't go & eat. We either eat at McD's or the Aquarium (10% off for members). But there is The Steak Loft, I am thinking The Ground Round. Something seafoody (this is across from the aquarium).

Here is a link to a touristy map:

http://www.lighthousemaps.com/Mystic/MysticDTindex.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter