Worst
5 - The Carousel

Here is my opinion on SSR Room Locations

Best
1 - The Carousel
2 - Congress Park

Worst
5 - The Carousel

You have Carousel listed as best and worst? For me it's the only one in the worst category!

Faves:

Congress Park & Paddock!

I'll second Congress Park (best views) and the Paddock (great pool if you are travelling with little ones.)

We stayed in the Carousel once - we had a lovely view, a quiet room on the top floor, short walk to the Paddock Pool and a convenient bus stop. My only complaint was access to the Carriage House - it was quite a hike. I'm not sure why it gets such a bad rap.

We stayed in the Carousel once - we had a lovely view, a quiet room on the top floor, short walk to the Paddock Pool and a convenient bus stop. My only complaint was access to the Carriage House - it was quite a hike. I'm not sure why it gets such a bad rap.

Because it is in the location furthest remote from everything. SSR is the most OVERBUILT DVC property and I really wish they did not build the Carousel (or even grandstand) buildings.

They were not part of the original plans for SSR.

What's the best location for those with a car? I've heard that some of the areas experience traffic problems when trying to get onto the main road.

Any idea how long the DTD walkway will be closed?

The grandstand, building 18, west facing view is my favourite. Great views, quiet, close to carriage house. Love it

We stayed in the Carousel once - I'm not sure why it gets such a bad rap.

Well, first two SSR stays, got the same 2bd villa both times & that's never happened to me anywhere else! View: Parking lot, street, and to the left, a lovely glimpse of the guard gate/entrance! Coming back late at night, being one of only two cars parked out there, it was dark and freaky! 2nd time, in February, full tourist season, there's activity all over the resort, except "Carousel" or "No man's land" as I call it! Now I request Congress Park, & never been disapointed.

In 12 years of ownership (35+ stays), I've disliked only 3 views we've received, 2 times Carousel and once a view of the fence at BCV. And no the view doesn't make or break the stay, nor did I go to MS wanting to be moved, but we're "balcony" people & a decent view enhances my DVC experience!

I'll second Congress Park (best views) and the Paddock (great pool if you are travelling with little ones.)

I'll third this :goodvibes. We really liked Congress Park the first time we stayed at SSR because we loved the view and we loved walking to and from DTD. We just got back a couple weeks ago and we stayed in the Paddocks area (building right next to the pool) and we loved this area. It was quiet, had a great view of the pond with the long bridge, the bus stop was close, and we liked the fact that our bus stop was the 3rd stop so we weren't going around the whole resort before heading to the parks. DH and I said that anytime we stay here, we are going to request either one of these 2 sections, but mostly the Paddocks.

Even though we hadn't stayed in the Carousel area, I think that I would not like it either....it just seems too far out from everything. Now on the flip side, we have friends that are DVC members (they too own at SSR) and they swear by that area, so I guess to each his own :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter