My "Armchair Imagineer" vision for New Orleans Square at WDW

Grumpy by Birth

Happy by choice
At the risk of opening a new debate about the merits of re-theming Splash Mountain, I thought I would address one of the points that many have raised about how the new ride theme will fit into the atmosphere of Frontierland.

The answer is simple... add New Orleans Square to WDW!

This includes a number of "Blue Sky" ideas, such as relocating the Riverboat station. But most of these changes could be accomplished with cosmetic changes to building facades, etc.

BTMRR is cut-off from the rest of Frontierland, but the boardwalk access along the river could technically be considered on the Frontierland side of the "property line" and you can, of course, get to BTMRR by going through New Orleans Square to the "far side" of Frontierland.

ETA: Another gift shop idea, if they could claim some currently undeveloped real estate:
Dr. Facilier's Voodoo Emporium

Of course, the entirety of New Orleans doesn't have to be PATF-themed. But there's plenty of options to choose from to tie-in that theme.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter