My ADR window goes live Saturday night (I'm PST) so want to get this right!

Canadian Harmony

DIS Veteran
I know I can begin right at midnight EST. I have my in-order list of what I want to book.

My question revolves around the Starlight Safari and the hanging with the Rhinos experience. I have seen them fill up really quickly. Should I book those after my first three ADRs or before them?
In your opinion and experience, which one do you think is harder to get?
We arrive on the 3rd of August around noon, and will go directly into DAK (we're staying at AKL). I can book either experience for that first night this Saturday, and the other event on Sunday for August 4th.
I think, also (please correct me if I'm wrong), that whatever night I get the Safari should also be our diner at Kidani, so which restaurant should I aim for there?

Oh! And if you've ever done a trail ride at Wilderness Lodge - do they tend to fill up or would walk-on be available on a Saturday afternoon?

I appreciate all suggestions!

Last edited:
You can book Starlight Safari starting at midnight ( and I assume the Rhinos experience as well), but dining reservations open at 6:00 am. I’ve read that some people are able to start around 5:45, but I just did mine last week and days for my whole trip didn’t open up until exactly 6:00.

You can book Starlight Safari starting at midnight ( and I assume the Rhinos experience as well), but dining reservations open at 6:00 am. I’ve read that some people are able to start around 5:45, but I just did mine last week and days for my whole trip didn’t open up until exactly 6:00.
So if we're there for 10 days, but in the parks for 8, can I book ADRs for the entire trip, or do I need to wake up at 3am for 10 days? :faint:

I know I can begin right at midnight EST. I have my in-order list of what I want to book.

My question revolves around the Starlight Safari and the hanging with the Rhinos experience. I have seen them fill up really quickly. Should I book those after my first three ADRs or before them?
In your opinion and experience, which one do you think is harder to get?
We arrive on the 3rd of August around noon, and will go directly into DAK (we're staying at AKL). I can book either experience for that first night this Saturday, and the other event on Sunday for August 4th.
I think, also (please correct me if I'm wrong), that whatever night I get the Safari should also be our diner at Kidani, so which restaurant should I aim for there?

Oh! And if you've ever done a trail ride at Wilderness Lodge - do they tend to fill up or would walk-on be available on a Saturday afternoon?

I appreciate all suggestions!
There are no trail rides at the Wilderness Lodge, I think you mean Fort Wilderness, the Campground.

Yes, sorry. Wilderness was close though! LOL I'm still new.

So - any info on the rides at FORT Wilderness?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter