My 2 cents worth on new attractions...

leebee

DIS Veteran
(actually, with the way I go on, it'll be at least 75 cents worth...) Just got back from WDW. REGARDING MISSION:SPACE- 10 y.o. DD loved it, went on it twice, using singles line. Regular line wait time was 30 mins, singles said 15 mins but was less. We did M:S first in Epcot, expecting it to have enormous line, then off to TestTrak. Guess what? TT is still by far the more preferred attraction: singles line 30 min wait (and it WAS), regular entry 70 mins, and at noon time the fast-pass return time was 7:15p.m. I suggest you scoot over to get an FP for TT first, then ride M:S. Of course, this could change, but this was the situation on Monday, 10/13- Columbus Day!

DO NOT MISS MICKEY'S PHILHARMAGIC!!! Although it is once again Disney capitalizing on loosely stringing together its most popular characters/music, the 3-D effects are amazing! It makes the Muppets Show look like a bunch of dated amateurs. They are having some problems with this show (it was closed due to technical difficulties during MNSSHP on 10/10), but do everything you can to get in to see it! It's great!

MNSSHP was worth the ticket price, IMHO. I was there w/DD, aged 10, and we didn't leave MK til they threw us out- about 12:45 a.m. We did not go to a park that day, had an easy day and took a nap before going. Skipped 6:15 PS at LTT (running LATE), went into the park at 7pm and found crowd very manageble. Saw Cindy's Surprise Celebration by accident, just happened upon it 5mins to show time, got very good "seats". Went directly to Splash Mountain, walked in and rode twice with no line, then got a decent standing spot at the rope line for the parade; no sitting around for an hour prior to start, just to get a good spot! We both thought the parade was pretty lame, but OK. Spent some time walking around, didn't do too much trick-or-treating, although I did see several families with bulging bags. Family photo took about 15 mins, not too bad; had it taken at HOP. Went into Fantasyland, rode Dumbo w/10 min wait, saw fireworks, waited 15 mins to ride Pooh, rode carousel and tea cups with no wait. Went to Tomorrowland, had late dinner at Rocket Ray's (no lines, characters dancing and hula-hooping with kids). Left there about 10:30, walked into Buzz LightYear two times in a row, walked on to Space Mountain THREE times in a row! Back into Fantasyland at 11:45, rode PeterPan and Small World, one last whirl on Dumbo, and the party was over! Didn't get on to Haunted Mansion that night...DD is 10, a daredevil, but still a little girl sometimes...she wasn't too comfortable in the MK at night at first, the scary Halloween noises freaked her out a bit. I think the party was worth the $$$ because we did almost everything we usually come to MK for, and it was the price of ONE one-day admission instead of TWO. Lots of folks, big and little, in costume. Didn't get to see "Wishes"; they were still showing "fantasy in the sky" at MNSSHP, and I didnt know there was an unscheduled showing of wishes at 7:30 on Sat., so we arrived at 8:30 for Spectro/fireworks and missed Wishes. We finished up MK on Sat night after a day at MGM: did Aladdin Carpets, Haunted Mansion, Mickey's Philharmagic, repeated Small World, Buzz and Space Mountain, saw fireworks again and Spectromagic, before park closed at 11pm.

So, we had a great trip, and enjoyed our two nights at MK, even if we WERE exhausted by Sunday morning- our "down" day!

Sounds like you had a great time! We went to get a FP for Mission Space at noon on Wednesday last week and the return time was between 8:00 - 9:00 PM. Long lines all that day.

Too bad you missed "wishes" it was a great show. We saw it Thursday.

We loved Mickey's Phill Harmagic.

I agree w/you about TT. We arrived at Epcot at 4 pm Sunday night and fast passes for both rides were gone. DD and DH waited an hour for Mission Space and did baby swap so I could ride too. The wait for TT was an hour when they entered MS, but by the time they got out, TT had broken down temporarily. I think I was more disappointed than DD. TT is my favorite ride anywhere.

MS was a disappointment for all of us. I think I'd read too much about it and was expecting too much. We'd do it again, but not w/an hour wait. During the hour and a half they were in MS, I took our little one over to the Wonders of Life pavilion to play AND did the Living Seas.

I thought Mickey's Philharmonic was great and would've liked to do it a second time if we'd have had time.

For sharing some good tips and great attraction information:wave2: ::yes:: :wizard:

What night of the week did you go to the Halloween party? I'd like to go one year and am trying to figure out which night is better to go.

DOna

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Mission space is a great attraction and the single rider line is very fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter