MVMCP vs Candlelight Processional

wildcatfan

DIS Veteran
We are planning a trip to WDW Dec. 16-22. I am currently trying to decide which show/party would be better. We have APs so we can do all parks and hop as needed. We have never done either of them so both would be new. I am just looking at price and crowds. Is MVMCP really worth the extra cost??

We are planning a trip to WDW Dec. 16-22. I am currently trying to decide which show/party would be better. We have APs so we can do all parks and hop as needed. We have never done either of them so both would be new. I am just looking at price and crowds. Is MVMCP really worth the extra cost??

You're comparing apples to carrots with this one. MVMCP is an entire evening of attractions, special characters, special parade, special fireworks. CP is a 45 min choir presentation of the Biblical narrative of the Christmas story. You can see CP without any extra cost, but it may require some time standing in line or watching it from the walkway behind the theater. A CP dining package only guarantees you a seat if you still line up about 30-45 min before your specified show, so it's still a time requirement.

If you're into character meets and special things you can only see at the party, then it is probably worth it. If you're just interested in riding attractions with shorter lines, plan one of your MK days when there is a party scheduled; lines will be shorter on those days.

True with comparing the two! I don't mind the standing in line. Have you been to the party? If so is it really worth the extr $100?

I used to wonder if MVMCP was worth it too, especially since we don't really do character meets. Went to our first party last year and it was wonderful! The crowds were just enough lower that the waits were reasonable and the streets weren't packed. Going this year and plan on attending the party again!

I've heard that the last MVMCP are usually jam packed, so you would want to go earlier in the trip.

To us it depends on how much you like special parades and fireworks and Christmas. If you really enjoy all 3, then it is usually worthwhile to at least try MVMCP once!

True with comparing the two! I don't mind the standing in line. Have you been to the party? If so is it really worth the extr $100?

We did go to the party last year, BUT it was an add-on to our Disney cruise. It was in November when prices were cheaper, and we didn't do any other parks, just the party. I loved it and had a blast, but if I were already paying for park tickets and staying for a week or so, I doubt I would pay the extra cost for a party ticket. You, however, already have an AP, so you're not paying for tickets. I would be tempted to go since you've never been and you're not adding an expense to an already expensive trip.

If you decide to go, I'd do the 17th or 19th over the 21st and 22nd. Those last two will probably sell out. We went on a Sunday night and didn't feel like it was overcrowded or anything. All rides were 10 min or less, except for 7DMT, but even that one was only about 15 min toward the end of the night. We rode it twice.

They are so hard to compare. We do both almost every year. I think if I was going to give one up it would be MVMCP, but that is because CP is an important part of Christmas Eve for us.

We did the Christmas party in 2014, and I don't regret doing it. The parade is fabulous. We didn't do any of the character meet and greets... our daughter was 3.5 and we weren't as organized as I would've liked. But we did snag a front row spot on Main Street and enjoyed the "snow". With kids, MVMCP hands down. If it were just my husband and I, we'd do the CP with dining.

I loved both equally. My wife loved CP a lot more. Of course, we had NPH as our narrator, so that didn't hurt!
If I had to choose only one that my life depended on, I would pick CP.

With APs it's really not necessary to do MVMCP but do that if you really want to and if you feel it'd be worth it to you. Definitely not a deal like it used to be. Candlelight Processional's ok, we did that once

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter