Must do eats

tinkandonaldfans

DIS Veteran
We have decided we are making a day trip to disney in november and starting to plan. We know there is good stuff to eat state side but wondering what are the must do eats here? We won't have time for a table service so looking at counter service and snack options

The fish and chips at the Toad Hall resturant is nice, but to be honest I'd make time for a table service meal and go to either the Blue Lagoon or Walts Or a buffet at the Agrabah Café.

Depends when and what day of the week in November as there might not be a lot open :confused3

Actually it will be 1st december( sat). It's our first time going and only have one day so was trying to cram in as much as possible so figured a table service would take too much time away

If you plan to visit the Studios Park, we found the Blockbuster Cafe to be very good for counter service. Very reasonably priced and a nice selection of baguette sandwiches, Croque-Monsieur, Brushcetta Pizza, etc.

I like Pizzeria Bella Notte (it's italian food)

You could say that again!

If we're all honest, counter service at Disney is average at best. It's very expensive and on the whole forgettable.

The pick of the bunch is probably Toad Hall (fish & chips) and Hakuna Matata (spiced meats).

I wouldn't describe any of them as 'must do'.

If we're all honest, counter service at Disney is average at best. It's very expensive and on the whole forgettable.

The pick of the bunch is probably Toad Hall (fish & chips) and Hakuna Matata (spiced meats).

+1

I tend to go and eat a wrap now at EoS or pick at bits like spicy fries from Hakuna Matata or chips from Toad Hall or Churros from Fuente if I'm on my own.

If we are 2 we share a double fish and chips at TH or Menu 1 at HM :)

OP-As you are going on a Sat you might have more chance but don't be suprised if TH and/or HM and Fuente del Oro are closed :rolleyes2

I agree about Toad Hall and feel it's fairly good value, at least better than elsewhere.

If there is a 'must do' it's the breakfast at the Disneyland Hotel, where we have been fortunate to stay on our last 2 trips.
It is hard to find value for money. If such a thing exists.

Sadly the best snack options are to buy your own baguettes, butter etc and make your own.

I prefer eating an average lasagna at Pizzeria Bella Notte than a bad burger at Cafe Hyperion or a little pizza at Toad Hall (I don't like fish & chip). But you're right when you say the food is expensive (well, in fact everything is expensive) and none are really "must-eat"

I prefer eating an average lasagna at Pizzeria Bella Notte than a bad burger at Cafe Hyperion or a little pizza at Toad Hall (I don't like fish & chip). But you're right when you say the food is expensive (well, in fact everything is expensive) and none are really "must-eat"

Toad Hall don't sell pizza...they sell fish (and chips) and chicken burgers :confused3

I agree that there isn't a must do counter service restaurant. Personally I would pick up a sandwich from the train station on your way in (right outside the park entrance) and save your money for a souvenir.

Seems a shame that there are not great places to eat! Seems Florida has one up there! We will just see where we end up when lunch time hits

There are a few great table service restaurants (Walts, Blue Lagoon, California Grill etc...), it's just the counter service ones that are the problem!

Just a thought, some of the restaurants do an 'express' menu (sometimes! I knew I wanted to eat from it in June in Blue Lagoon but it wasn't advertised, so I asked and they brought me the menu). It is really good value, 2 courses and is served and you can be finished in under 40 mins (and we were, although we hung about with drinks etc). I'm sure you would love the Blue Lagoon - it has a nice atmosphere and would be a nice place to eat if only there one day, but don't want to spend all your time sitting around in a restaurant.

If you have a look at the Blue Lagoon menu reviews, I posted on there when I came back in June :).

ETA - if you are going when not many counter service places are open and the park is busy (it will be on dec 1st as it's a sat) then honestly, you could end up queuing for 25 - 30 mins just to order and might have difficulty finding somewhere to sit! So, actually, 40 mins max at the Blue Lagoon is quite good.

Seems a shame that there are not great places to eat!
It is, but the table service places make up for it. I'd second what DLPdaft said about asking for the express menu at Walt's (first choice) or Blue Lagoon (second choice).

It is, but the table service places make up for it. I'd second what DLPdaft said about asking for the express menu at Walt's (first choice) or Blue Lagoon (second choice).

My thoughts exactly!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter