Murphy Bed or Sleeper Chair

SpaceMountain77

Kidani Villager Victorian Gentleman Turtle Trekker
Hello everyone,

For an adult, do you find the Murphy bed, found in most studios, or sleeper chair, in AKV and OKW, to be more comfortable?

Thanks,
Jim 8O

Haven't tried the murphy bed, but the sleeper chair is very comfortable. Much better than the sofa bed.

The sleeper chair allows for people of greater height and width IMO. Haven't had any complaints about the comfort of either though.

My daughter who is 5 ft 4" and weighs 105 lbs slept on the sleeper chair at BLT and murphy bed at VGF. She much prefers the sleeper chair!!!

The murphy bed is only bunk sized, so not as long or as wide as a twin sized bed. The sleeper chair will be larger.

Just a reminder, AK Jambo does NOT have a sleeper chairs, only Kadani. And I agree with the chair over a dropdown that's 4 inches off the floor for an adult. I would have a problem getting out of that.

Just a reminder, AK Jambo does NOT have a sleeper chairs, only Kadani. And I agree with the chair over a dropdown that's 4 inches off the floor for an adult. I would have a problem getting out of that.

Not correct. All Jambo 1BRs, except for the small number of value rooms, have the sleeper chair.

Where do they put them, those units are too small? They don't show on the posted floor plans. HAve you stayed in a Jambo 1 BR? Do they in fact have the sleeper chair? I was only going by the size and Disney floor plan. If I am incorrect, my apologies for posting bad info.

Last edited:
Not correct. All Jambo 1BRs, except for the small number of value rooms, have the sleeper chair.
I'm just confused because the OP said "studios." As far as I know, no studio has a sleeper chair, and no 1-bedroom has a Murphy bed.

Where do they put them, those units are too small? They don't show on the posted floor plans. HAve you stayed in a Jambo 1 BR? Do they in fact have the sleeper chair? I was only going by the size and Disney floor plan. If I am incorrect, my apologies for posting bad info.

There are sleeper chairs in all Jambo 1 BR's except the value. The value is the smaller size without room for them but the other views have the room.

I'm just confused because the OP said "studios." As far as I know, no studio has a sleeper chair, and no 1-bedroom has a Murphy bed.

I took the "Murphy bed that is in most studios vs sleeper chair at AKV and OKW" to imply 1BR's at the latter 2. Might be wrong of course.

I guess Disney/DVC needs to up date their floor plans.
Thanks for correcting my error.

I guess Disney/DVC needs to up date their floor plans.
Thanks for correcting my error.

There's a few things wrong with room info - I see that the Kidani dedicated 2BR's don't show the sleeper chair either but the 1BR's do. They updated the studio plans for BWV to show the Murphy bed but it's the old decor in the pictures and so on. When you open up info in VWL/BRV I think the picture is look out from Cali Grill. :confused::sad2: Of course I still miss the 360 views they used to have of the villas.

Last edited:
I took the "Murphy bed that is in most studios vs sleeper chair at AKV and OKW" to imply 1BR's at the latter 2. Might be wrong of course.

Yes, Kathy, it was my intent to inquire about differences between the offerings in the studios and 1-bedroom villas. I apologize for my word omission.

Thank you, everyone, for your helpful replies. Is seems as though the general consensus is that the sleeper chair is more comfortable than the Murphy bed for an adult. Now, it is just a matter of modifying our reservation from a BRV studio to a OKW 1-bedroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter