Mupppets for Sale??

Wes

Mouseketeer
Here is a CNN FN article about the attempt to buy the Muppets away from their new owners for $200 Million (well below the 680 Million recent acquisition price).

Towards the end Disney is proposed as a more likely buyer/

I still think this is such a natural fit for Disney. I hope they make a serious attempt to buy the Jim Henson Co.

If they do land them, I hope they give them the creative freedom needed. Kermit is no Mickey... Muppets have always been a little more "edgy" than traditional Disney fare.

I almost feel like I should move this to the rumor board... There has been persistant speculation over the last 4-5 months about Disney buying the muppet rights, but Disney itself has made no comment. It would give them another set of characters to work with in the theme parks & someplace for slightly more 'edgy' storylines that don't fit into the traditional Disney theme. I'm hoping that they do integrate, since I think they are complementary, in product, target audience, and as companies.

We'll see what happens.

Sarangel

Originally posted by Sarangel
It would give them another set of characters to work with in the theme parks & someplace for slightly more 'edgy' storylines that don't fit into the traditional Disney theme.

OK, I have to admit, I guess I thought that Disney already owns the Muppets, since they are at California Adventure. They have a 3-D movie in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot section. The entry way and pre-show have a lot of very "Muppet" humor. If we were allowed to post pictures here I would show some of the pictures I took in there.

What kind of existing relationship is there between Henson and Disney that led to the Muppets attraction being placed in DCA?

Toryn

I hope Disney does get the Muppets. They could do a lot with them. I would like to see more Muppets movies, the ones they already did were really good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter