Mummy (US) vs. Space Mountain (DW or DL)

GenGen22

DIS Veteran
I need some opinions here... I am someone who really doesn't like roller coasters accept for wooden coasters. I don't mind the speed or the drop I just don't like things that go up side down. With that said I have been on Space Mountain at DL and was afraid to go on it but my DD15 talked me into going on it and it wasn't so bad. I didn't really like the dark part but once I got used to it, I enjoyed it. So, what I want to know, is The Mummy comparable to Space Mountain or much worse?? I was too afraid to ride it at US Hollywood and now I'm thinking since I've been on Space Mountain I was blowing it out of proportion.. I've also been on Indiana Jones at DL and that wasn't a big deal either if that helps any in explaining my fear factor. :rotfl2:

Thanks for any advice in advance.:)

Space Mountain in DL is a fabulous coaster (Space Mountain in WDW sucks, lol). If you can handle it, you'll have no issues with Mummy.

Mummy's coaster portion isn't until the 2nd half of the ride. The 1st half has the car moving slowly along the track with effects happening around, such as animated mummies and fire.

For me, they're like apples and oranges. Mummy doesn't go upside down, but it's definitely far from a wooden coaster... with that said, Space Mountain at WDW is not a good ride or even an OK one for me, and I think that Mummy is absolutely amazing.

when you are on the mummy, you will follow a story line in the beginning parts.
then it turns into a quick roller coaster ride.

on space mt in wdw, it's just a fast RC ride with curves and some drops.

i do both rides and enjoy them a lot.

you'll do fine after the first time you try the mummy.
it is the unknown that you are unconcerned about.
once you get past that, you'll do repeats on that ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter