Multiple wait-list requests?

Grumpy by Birth

Happy by choice
I have an existing wait-list request for 2 nights at Hilton Head in the spring.

I'm not terribly optimistic about getting it. I thought about submitting another wait-list request for just the first night. My thinking is that there's a slimmer chance of the wait-list for 2 nights coming through, but if the first night became available, we could forego staying the additional night.

My concern is this... would requesting the single night potentially torpedo getting the request for 2-nights? By that I mean, if one night comes in, then I will have that night booked, but I would be taking that room out of availability, so if the second night then becomes available, it won't match my 2-night request because both nights have to be available.

If the request for 1 night came through, could I then modify my original 2-night request to just the second night so it would only be looking for that additional night? If that came through, I would have to ask about linking the reservations so we don't have to change rooms? I did that successfully with previous reservations.

Since the 2-night request would be older than the 1-night request, if both nights become available they would match that request first, correct?

Thanks!

Reportedly, the waitlist will match in order, so I two nights become available at the same time, and if the two night waitlist was placed before the 1 night waitlist, the system will mach the 2 night waitlist. If only one of the two nights becomes available, the system will skip the 2 night waitlist and match the 1 night waitlist.

Reportedly, the waitlist will match in order, so I two nights become available at the same time, and if the two night waitlist was placed before the 1 night waitlist, the system will mach the 2 night waitlist. If only one of the two nights becomes available, the system will skip the 2 night waitlist and match the 1 night waitlist.
That's what I'm hoping. If I'm able to get the second night via a new or modified request (same room category), it should be possible to link them, correct?

Just saying, what happens if both waitlists are filled on the same day and you are within the 30 day window? Will you end up cancelling the one nighter and have points tied up in "holding"

Just saying, what happens if both waitlists are filled on the same day and you are within the 30 day window? Will you end up cancelling the one nighter and have points tied up in "holding"

there is quite a lag in the marching process. If you call in daily to check on waitlists, they will always match on the phone before matching online on your dashboard. In that case, you can tell them which one to match and which to cancel, before any reservation is actually booked. The waitlists “match” but don’t get booked until someone has time to manually go in and book them. There is typically a lag of multiple days. I’ve literally always found out about my matched waitlists (over 15 one night waitlists this year alone) on the phone, neveronline.

With Hilton Head, I have been going back and forth trying to get a two night reservation. Finally got the two nights in HA ( because I need the elevator) one bedroom today. I didn’t care one bedroom or studio, just wanted two nights!

You can choose for your wait list request to expire 31 days before check-in to avoid any concern about holding. If both requests came in at the same time prior to that, you would just cancel one of them and the points would just go back into your account without going into holding.

You can also choose for the wait list to remain active until 7 days prior to check-in, but if you choose that option being inside the holding window could be a factor when DVC starts back up with holding.

Coincidentally, my wait list for the first night came through today! :banana:

I've cancelled the 2-night wait list request and put in a new 1-night request for the second night.

You won’t know if both matched. Once matched, a CM at MS has to actually make the change.

From the way the system works, once a waitlist matches, any others are immediately canceled out so I don’t think 2 would ever happen,

Waitlists don’t pull points so there is no holding issue until the March happens and is processed, If you set one up, set it up to expire at 31 days out if it is less points than what it is replacing,

If it is more, then you can set it up to expire 7 days out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter