Multiple people trying for ADRs?

Maotown

Earning My Ears
This is going to be our first Disney World trip and we're just learning the ropes... We'll be staying at BWI so we have that extra bit of time to make reservations which is nice. Can multiple people in my party try to make ADRs when our window opens up? Just wondering if we can try to increase our chances at snagging hard-to-get reservations if we have a few of us searching. Thanks in advance!

Yes, it works to have multiple people booking ADRs at the same time. Just make sure each person booking is assigned a list with no overlap with anyone else. If there's overlap, you can run into a situation of the system recognizing a conflict and a screen pops up asking if you want to keep or cancel a conflicting ADR. There was someone who posted recently on these boards that she and a family member ended up canceling reservations the other made because their resort reservations were linked and the ADR times were conflicting with one another.

Yes, it works to have multiple people booking ADRs at the same time. Just make sure each person booking is assigned a list with no overlap with anyone else. If there's overlap, you can run into a situation of the system recognizing a conflict and a screen pops up asking if you want to keep or cancel a conflicting ADR. There was someone who posted recently on these boards that she and a family member ended up canceling reservations the other made because their resort reservations were linked and the ADR times were conflicting with one another.

Interesting! Thank you! Do you know what qualifies as "conflicting" to their system? Is it just multiple reservations at the exact same time, or is there a window of unacceptable overlap (like 2 reservations within 30 minutes of each other, etc)?

Interesting! Thank you! Do you know what qualifies as "conflicting" to their system? Is it just multiple reservations at the exact same time, or is there a window of unacceptable overlap (like 2 reservations within 30 minutes of each other, etc)?

It will give you a warning if there's less than a certain time interval, but I'm not sure what that interval is but I'm fairly certain it is longer than 30 minutes. If your party is splitting up and going two different places for a meal, I believe there is a way to tell the system you want both, or maybe it recognizes that the people assigned to the ADRs are different even though they are part of the same traveling party. I haven't had to deal with this. I just know someone posted that it caused a problem when they had two family members making reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter