Multiple GTY

randumb0

Party at Mickey's
Does anyone here have experience with multiple reservations for guaranteed category rooms? I have 2 cabins booked side by side. I am interested in moving to a lower deck but that deck only has GTY available. I know it is not guaranteed but what are the odds of us being assigned rooms that are close to each other? Has that happened to you in the past?

People have reported GTY assignments that include everything from connecting rooms to opposite ends of the ship on different decks. It all depends on what's available when the stateroom are assigned.

I would not book GTY if you have any special requests : location, connecting ... And know you could could get the worst possible room in a category.

Do you happen to be on the May 6, 2022 Hawaii cruise? I’m in the opposite situation - booked as 2 GTY but need connecting rooms :)

Room types go to GTY when there are only a few rooms left in that category, which reduces the odds of getting rooms together. Also, even if you book GTY, you can still wind up getting placed in a higher room category, so you aren’t sure to get a lower floor.

I note some people have had luck getting connecting rooms with “guaranteed with restrictions” bookings where you book a broad category like interior guarantee (IGT), oceanview guarantee (OGT)or verandah guarantee (VGT), but those categories are so big there are more options for rooms next to eachother. GTY on the other hand is more likely to get the specific category specified for the GTY, and since it is only offered when a category is close to selling out, that limits the options

GTY booking .... Plus- will probably get a free upgrade, Negative - you lost all control of where your state room will be. If you need rooms close to each other DO NOT BOOK GTY . Connecting is not realistic .

GTY booking .... Plus- will probably get a free upgrade, Negative - you lost all control of where your state room will be. If you need rooms close to each other DO NOT BOOK GTY . Connecting is not realistic .
Upgrades in GTY are rare. Mostly you get the category you booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!