Multiple contracts with multiple UYs, combining points question

elenex

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

Currently going through ROFR for my first contract in a different UY (Feb) at VGC. All of my contacts thus far are August UY (both direct and resale). I spoke to member services today and wanted to confirm what i was told with you all, the true experts.

If I were to purchase a second February resale contract, would this show up on my account under the member ID created for my February VGC contract? And will I be able to use both contracts together for a booking via website without transferring?

Per member services, the only way I can add a contact to my February VGC ID would be to add 150 direct points to it, creating a new master contract. I found this hard to believe.

Finally, if this is in fact the case and I do transfer these points to my August membership, is it true that the banking window will be pushed back to January 31 and that those points will be available for booking online?

Thanks everyone!

As long as UY and owners are the same, any future contracts will be added to an established membership.

So, any future contracts with a Feb UY, now that you will have a Feb UY membership, will go there..you’ll be able to use all of them together without transfer. Same home resort at 11 months, all others, except RIV, as 7 months.

Transferred points keep their same UY. So, any Aug UY points you transfer to Feb UY, still follow the Aug UY rules for use and that includes banking. So they will still have a banking deadline of March 31st.

Any Feb UY points transferred still have a banking deadline of September 30th.

Basically, transferring doesn’t change a thing for points. It just allows you to use them for. Single reservation since they are now in one membership.

Thanks for the clarification. That was my understanding, but the dvc guide I was talking to for some reason told me each February contract would be a different membership and the points would not be able to be combined with one another. Not very nice of him if untrue.

Thanks for the clarification. That was my understanding, but the dvc guide I was talking to for some reason told me each February contract would be a different membership and the points would not be able to be combined with one another. Not very nice of him if untrue.
DVC will not sell you points with a different use year unless you purchase the current minimum new member requirement. Once you have a membership with a different use year, they'll sell you as few as the minimum for an add-on at the resort. Since you don't currently have a February use year, the answer you got is correct right now, but wouldn't be correct after you own the contract.

More likely, it was just someone not understanding what you were asking or just doesn't know or got confused.

When MA goes to create a contract, they are the ones who put it into the membership and they would not have created a new one if the owners and UY were the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter