Moving resorts: Which to choose?

StuckinPA

Mouseketeer
Well, the day after I booked Coronado because I was looking for a laid back relaxing resort for time outside of when we were in the parks for our June trip, they announce the 2-year construction project. Soo...I've booked with a TA so they could do the work of monitoring discounts. She seemed unaware of the scope of the project until I showed her some of the posts I've seen here on the boards. She asked if I would consider a move to POFQ at a small increase, but I'm not looking to spend more really as we're on a budget.

That being said, there is another option to rent studio points at Kidani for $51 more than my Coronado reservation. Just curious what you all would do...

Kidani would be a beautiful upgrade to your vacation so I would take in a heartbeat AS LONG AS you are ok with 1 of the beds being a pull out sofa most likely. I would also consider port Orleans riverside as I have seen that being cheaper then French quarter yet more upscale feelng in my personal opinion.

We loved POFQ staying there twice. We've also tried the Animal Kingdom Lodge (back in the old days :goodvibes) and found it far away from so many places in WDW. I think your decision should take into account how many people in your group, how long your trip is and how much MK time you will spend on your trip since that is the park farthest away from Kidani.

Other considerations:
  • average Kidani Studio is about 366 sq. ft. with only 1 bed and a pull-out sofa with no quick service close by if I remember properly without walking to Jambo House or taking a bus
  • average POFQ is about 314 sq. ft. and has 2 queen beds; and is a very compact resort with everything except a TS restaurant but easy access to Disney Springs by boat
I heavily rely on the information that **************.net and TouringPlans.com have when choosing a resort and suggest checking there.

In the end though it's what you want and need in a resort and sometimes choosing something really unique is the best decision!

I'm in a similar dilemma. We have a split stay in June with our first 3 nights at CSR. We just returned from a trip at CSR earlier this week, and while we had a great time, I'm not sure that I want to go back while the construction is going on. All the walls that are up take something away from it. I would REALLY like to just switch to BC for the whole trip, but DH isn't keen on that so I'm trying to decide if I want to switch to POFQ, POR, or just stay at CSR. I've never been to either PO resort - I hear a lot of good things about them, but the theme and atmosphere of CSR appeal to me more. Really hard decision!!

Kidani. Deluxe versus moderate. The animals are amazing. Great dining by options. The African cultural programme is such a bonus. Great pool with a slide. Bus service is frequent and reliable. You'll always get a seat because the bus stops at Kidani first. In the mornings it is often a dedicated bus. Kidani is our home resort with dvc and we love it.

We have a July CSR trip and are standing pat for now.

If you really want to move, I'd keep pushing to get POFQ at your current rate.

We've stayed at POFQ several times and love it! If the cost isn't' a lot more, I would go with it. It's a great resort, small, quiet and only one bus stop!

Well, the day after I booked Coronado because I was looking for a laid back relaxing resort for time outside of when we were in the parks for our June trip, they announce the 2-year construction project. Soo...I've booked with a TA so they could do the work of monitoring discounts. She seemed unaware of the scope of the project until I showed her some of the posts I've seen here on the boards. She asked if I would consider a move to POFQ at a small increase, but I'm not looking to spend more really as we're on a budget.

That being said, there is another option to rent studio points at Kidani for $51 more than my Coronado reservation. Just curious what you all would do...

If your vacation is set in stone I'd choose Kidani. You need to be okay with the restrictions point rental entails. If you can't be comfortable with rental I also would consider staying at POFQ. I'm not good with construction.

Wasn't Port Orleans Riverside an option? I love that resort. I'd always choose that over any of the other moderates. My favorite section is the Mansions.

I could never rent DVC points - we often have to change dates which wouldn't be an option if you rented at Kidani.

I'm in a similar dilemma. We have a split stay in June with our first 3 nights at CSR. We just returned from a trip at CSR earlier this week, and while we had a great time, I'm not sure that I want to go back while the construction is going on. All the walls that are up take something away from it. I would REALLY like to just switch to BC for the whole trip, but DH isn't keen on that so I'm trying to decide if I want to switch to POFQ, POR, or just stay at CSR. I've never been to either PO resort - I hear a lot of good things about them, but the theme and atmosphere of CSR appeal to me more. Really hard decision!!

If you are doing a different moderate and moving from CSR, I would suggest POR. I understand your love for CSR, but POR does have some similarities. POR also has differently themed areas, is a large resort with 4 bus stops and has great theming. There is also a nice boat ride to DS that you may well enjoy and entertainment that is worth checking out by a character called Yee Haa Bob. There is a nice themed pool, carriage rides and fishing available as well. POR has a table service restaurant and a good food court. In addition you can walk or boat to POFQ to use their facilities and to try some beignets.

The theming in the Royal rooms is over the top fun, the standard mansion rooms are simpler but elegant and the AB rooms cozy and cute. I don't think that you would be disappointed in POR.

Good luck deciding.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter