Movie Times at Buena Vista Theater

DirectGirl

Earning My Ears
I understand that the live shows are generally in the evening - with two runs per night (please someone correct me if wrong). What about the movie times? Are they typically multiple times per day, morning, afternoon and evening, or what? Thanks in advance!

They run pretty much all day, starting early in the morning (8am, I believe). Last movie usually starts around 10:45pm or 11pm - a little later (such as midnight) would be better actually, to give folks who catch the performer in the lounge an opportunity to then go catch the movie before it starts (especially since absolutely nothing else will be going on).

That's good to know. I am hoping to catch Frozen 2 on the boat - do you think it will run more than 2 or 3 times per day?

My experience has been that quite often the most desirable movies are shown at times that conflict with the shows in the WD theater, (perhaps to thin out the crowds) or very late (i.e. after 10:30 at night). I have actually been surprised at how limited the showings are.

Here's an example I found on Scott's blog for a 7n itinerary: Look at when the Lion King 2019 or Toy Story 4 will show

This is a great site to see past Navigators. Times for the movies and daily events may change a bit cruise to cruise but the main
show times will be the same
** the paper Navigators are no longer delivered to your cabin but you can pick one up every evening at Guest Services. Also be sure to download the app before you leave home it will have all the information. It will start working when you board the ship
https://disneycruiselineblog.com/personal-navigators/

I really wish they would add more movies........
The same 4 or 5 playing the entire cruise is boring, especially on longer sailings.

Last year Christopher Robin was shown in the main theatre on our western Caribbean instead of a production. And Lion King was shown instead a live act one of the nights on our Alaskan cruise too.

My experience has been that quite often the most desirable movies are shown at times that conflict with the shows in the WD theater, (perhaps to thin out the crowds) or very late (i.e. after 10:30 at night). I have actually been surprised at how limited the showings are.

We were on the Magic for the EBTA and I commented on our survey that this was very frustrating - many movies we had waited to see were showing at the same time as evening shows, and I didn't really understand this, particularly when there wasn't anything else more exciting in the afternoons. Why not spread it out a little. I do wonder whether this is cruise director specific, though.

That's good to know. I am hoping to catch Frozen 2 on the boat - do you think it will run more than 2 or 3 times per day?
There will be different movies every few hours. Some movies will show a fee different days. They can show a movie in 2d then another day in 3d. Frozen2 wont play several times the same day. They also will only show new shows once it opens to the public on land.

I really wish they would add more movies........
The same 4 or 5 playing the entire cruise is boring, especially on longer sailings.
The ones I have been on they showed al types of movies. More adult type pg13 later at night.

We were on the Magic for the EBTA and I commented on our survey that this was very frustrating - many movies we had waited to see were showing at the same time as evening shows, and I didn't really understand this, particularly when there wasn't anything else more exciting in the afternoons. Why not spread it out a little. I do wonder whether this is cruise director specific, though.
Had a cruise director tell me Disney had limited films.........ummmmm sorry but Disney has one of the largest film library.

The ones I have been on they showed al types of movies. More adult type pg13 later at night.
Well we have done 19 cruises and I have not seen where they play a lot of different movies, its pretty much the same offerings throughout the cruise.
@ahain posted the schedule from a sailing above, and that's pretty much how it looks on every sailing we've done.
The same movies all week.

Guess we were lucky. I would say we would see 2 movies at least each day that was different. Could be we went when there were no Disney blockbusters out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter