Movie theatre at Windsor Hills

stepnut

Mouseketeer
How does this work? Is there a schedule of movies to be shown? Do I bring my own DVD's and use it like a self-serve place? Do I reserve a slot or schedule time in it for our family? Is there a library of movies to select from? Is there a cost?

:) We will be there in two days, and believe it or not, this movie theatre thing was one of the reasons I chose this resort!

Thanks!

We haven't stayed in WH since October 2005 (But we will be there from Jan 15th thru 22nd :woohoo: ) Back then it was done on a first reserve basis. If your family was the first to ask for the day you chose from a large selection of movies which movie they would show and at what time that evening. I just stayed at Vista Cay in December, which is another resort built by the same company and this was how it was being done there.There is no fee for it. Maybe we will see you by the pool next week. We are three families with two 7 yr old boys, two 13 yr old boys, a 12 yr old girl and my 19 yr old daughter.

The list of available DVDs is in the store in the clubhouse. They have a schedule of available times during the day. You can book a time for that day or the next day only. The last time of the day is 7:00 p.m. so all movies, regardless of length are over by 9:30 p.m. All of the DVDs are G, PG or PG-13 rated movies only. There is no charge for the "rentals".

The theater is one of my very favorite features of Windsor Hills!

Bumping this up to add a question. Is the theatre reserved only for the family that chose the movie at that time or can we join others if they are watching a movie we would enjoy? TIA

You can watch the movies someone else has chosen, sure, it's not reserved for just that family.

There's plenty of seating in the theater for more than 1 family.

The theater seats about 40 people. They always post the times and movies that will be shown in the theater each day on the door of the theater. Anyone is welcome to attend the showings, not just the family who reserved the film.

Bring your own popcorn! popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter