Movenpick Dream Castle?

Frances999

DIS Veteran
Hi :wave:

I am still planning (hoping?!) to go to DLRP for New Year again this year. However, I think we will have to have our first trip off-site, as 2 rooms in one of the nice Disney hotels is just too expensive for us this year.

I can get a 2 king bed plus sofabed suite at the Movenpick Dream Castle hotel for £695 from December 30th to January 2nd. The hotel looks nice from the website, but I would appreciate hearing from someone who has stayed there. How is transportation to the park? Swimming Pool? Dining/Breakfast?

Thanks in advance! :)

:wizard:

Stayed in the Holiday Inn which uses the same shuttle buses.
Buses run every 20 minutes or so. As with the Disney Hotels they can be especially crowded when the park closes but only take 15 minutes to transfer you between the park and hotel.
Have a great trip :)

Reid

Fingers crossed you book it Frances :teeth: as you need to sort yourself a countdown out ;)

We love the movenpick hotel, have stayed htere a few times and due to return in December. Its a lovely hotel, transport is good though can be very crowded at closing time. Might be easier to walk? Or last time we got hire car and it was great, though apart from clsosing times the transport is great. Breakfast is really good at Movenpick, great selection at the buffet, can be busy after 8.30am though thats to be expected. Rooms are very clean and luxurious, and all in all I think you will really enjoy this hotel. We were a bit apprehensive the first time we stayed offsite but really its no big deal at all, you will enjoy it.

mini-mse said:
We love the movenpick hotel, have stayed htere a few times and due to return in December. Its a lovely hotel, transport is good though can be very crowded at closing time. Might be easier to walk? Or last time we got hire car and it was great, though apart from clsosing times the transport is great. Breakfast is really good at Movenpick, great selection at the buffet, can be busy after 8.30am though thats to be expected. Rooms are very clean and luxurious, and all in all I think you will really enjoy this hotel. We were a bit apprehensive the first time we stayed offsite but really its no big deal at all, you will enjoy it.
Thanks for your help. I am a little apprehensive as well, I guess I just don't think it will be full of the usual Disney magic and touches that we are used to. Better than not going at all, though :flower: We are thinking of going by Eurotunnel so may have the car with us, is it easy to park at the resort/Disneyland Park? Thanks again!

Miffy2003 said:
Fingers crossed you book it Frances :teeth: as you need to sort yourself a countdown out ;)
Certainly do, Karen! Just need to persuade DH. I don't think he knows DLRP has golf, so that might swing it ;) Even if it is the middle of the winter!! :rolleyes1 If that doesn't work I could tell him whilst we are on holiday in October, most probably after a few glasses (bottles?) of wine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter