Moved from DVC-Plng: Has anyone stayed around DTD before checking into DVC?

edk35

DIS Veteran
Just curious if anyone has stayed at any of the off site hotels that are within walking distance of DTD? Any suggestions? Thanks

Few years ago, we stayed for 1 night at Grosvenor hotel now Its REGAL SUN RESORT it is located across DTD. It was nice and clean.

We stayed at the Grovesnor too...it was very close to dtd...like a block away. But, it was very dated, so hopefully it gets an update w/the new owners!

We've stayed at what is now a Holiday Inn, but used to be a Howard Johnson's and a Courtyard. Its right next to the Hilton. We were happy with it and it is certainly close enough to walk to DTD easily.

We stayed at the Hilton for a couple of nights last year. I was going to use some of my HHonors points (I have points coming out of my ears) but it was so cheap that we ended up paying cash. We also got upgraded to a huge suite which was nice. :goodvibes

We would defiitely stay at the Hilton again. The pool area is nice and they do Starbucks in the lobby coffee shop which DH loves. :rolleyes: The hotel is also just a five minute walk (if that) from Downtown Disney, which opens up the dining options considerably.

Charlotte

Have stayed at both the Hilton and the old Grosvenor. Both are very convenient to DTD. Like the Hilton much better. Hopefully the renovations will help with the other now that is is Regal...however, I also hope they have trained the staff better than they were while it was Grosvenor.

stayed at Lake Buena Vista Best Western - it was surprising very nice. Old and dated - but very clean!

also royal plaza - it wasn't too great - but this was years ago.

Cypress Pointe - further out than DTD but also very, very nice.

Sheraton Safari - pretty sure is within walking distance of the DTD hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter