Mousesavers site says to R-schedule-Should we??

princesslondon

Mouseketeer
The mousesavers site says anyone traveling to Orlando within the next 7 days should reschedule. Should we??? From what I can understand people around there will need the rooms more than us. Which having gone through Hugo I can completely understand. I just hate to CXL and by next wkend everything is cleared up and we missed out. I thought about calling WDTC but I know there are people out there cking in w/in the next few days and by me calling will only keep them on hold longer. What is everyone else doing? Suggestions andyone?

If I were you I would wait and see. From your countdown clock you still have time to make a decision. We were suppose to leave this morning, and I cancelled yesterday afternoon. Good Luck! ºoº

If you were leaving for Monday or Tuesday I would say change your trip.

If you are coming next weekend I say come on down. It all depends on what happens with Ivan.

Area businesses will need your money. Keep in mind it may not be the ideal vacation. But having a great attitude as you arrive will help create your wonderful vacation at WDW.

Princesslondon,

I can't find the info you said mousesavers posted. Can you please supply a link to the article. I would like to read it.

I am suppose to leave on Friday and would like to read the specific advise.

PS - It is too early to decide not to go.

We're in the same predicament... We arrive on 9/16 and have not cancelled yet. We are waiting a little longer to see what Ivan actually does. I keep thinking about the people who might need the rooms and am really torn about what to do. Ivan somewhat spared Jamaica w/ a bit of a wobble, (didn't get a direct hit) so maybe another wobble will help spare FL.

Condoboy,
I'm not sure of how to post the link, but if you go to mousesavers.com and on the main page under where it says "Latest Hot Deals" it says to "Click here for new about Hurricane Ivan" If you just click on those words it takes you to the info I was reading.
Maude4Disney-I feel the same way, I really don't want to put people out that really need a room!

Thank you, Princesslondon. The information is pretty explicit advice to cancel/reschedule. I have always trusted Mousesavers.

PS - I don't know how I missed it in the first place. :confused:

I'm still going to wait, since I am to go on Friday. A lot can change in the next 48 hrs.

We're kinda in the same boat, but it leaves one day later, lol. I just keep thinking that WDW hasnt lost that many days from the other two that actually did hit and I am just so excited about staying on site for the first time. I just keep check the National Hurricane Center website for updates on the the storm track and keep praying. I'm not making my final decision til Mon. since I can still cancel with full refund on deposit until then. Also, with the last two storms, I think WDW let people cancel their reservation at the last minute once it was obvious that the storm was hitting there without a penalty. I have booked another alternate date though cause it was such a good rate. $55 per night!!!
Good Luck and I would say to wait through the weekend and see what Ivan decides to do.

I think by Friday it will be over with. You may be dealing with the after affects of 3 hurricanes.

What a tough decision, I was there for Charlie, one hurricane will do it for me! I am glued to the tv watching updates. We found a Florida cable news station up here in boston, I watched it non stop during Frances, its just incredible what happens, when you have never experienced it you just have no idea! I feel for all Floridians! Good luck with you trip

We're scheduled to fly into MCO early evening of Tuesday, 9/14. Based on the current tracking maps, it looks like that is when Ivan will be passing through the Orlando area! I'm still going forward with things as if we'll be going but am definitely ready to postpone if necessary. It's just so frustrating during the wait because there are so many possible scenarios for Ivan:

1) It hits hard
2) It hits but has lost strength by the time it reaches Orlando area
3) It completely misses Orlando with only some minor rain and wind to even hint that Ivan was in the area

Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone!

I would think Mary at Mousesavers is talking about this weekend and the beginning of next week. I didn't read her site, though.

I think you would be fine coming in Thursday or Friday. The airports should be running and WDW was open the day after Charlie and Frances. Even if that is delayed this time, it should be open by Thursday, if Ivan Tuesday.

I'd bet you are going to be fine.

We decided to change our plans. We were flying into Orlando Tues. evening. Now we are visiting Disney the end of Oct. That should be fun! I want to check out the food and wine festival.
Sandy

We are also scheduled to arrive next Saturday. I agree that it is too early to make any decision about next weekend. We have adopted a wait & see attitude. A lot can happen in the next week.

Half our family is flying down from NY and the rest of us are driving down from NC. My sister says if usair is flying into Orlando next Saturday, she will be on the plane!

I mentioned how all of the sudden about 7-8 pm that Ivan seemed to be moving west instead of north and since it started to do this so far south, that it could be coming in far more west then originally thought.

MY DD has next thursday and friday off of school, and I was going to surprise her with a WDW trip for the long weekend, SPirit has air from Detroit for $111.00 per person round trip. But, we were there for Charley, and I do not want to take a chance on Ivan, so, we am not going. I did make reservations for CHristmas and New Years tho.:sunny:

We're waiting it out until the last minute. We leave on the 18th...surely, things we start to look up! ::yes::

BWV bound!:bounce:

Anyone know what its like flying during this kind of weather? i was thinking we'd be fine by Thurs, but now Disney is offering us no penalty cancellation for Thurs arrival and our airline is too... I'm thinking they wouldn't do that without reason. We are flying from CA to Chicago and from Chicago to MCo on Thurs. So it looks like we'll be flying through (over) the hurricane!! I am an awful flyer, and the worst flight I've ever flown on was out of Florida in a storm (not anywhere near hurricane strength either). So the thought of flying from Chicago to MCo and cutting through the hurricane path terrifies me. I don't know I really didn't think we'd cancel, but now I'm not so sure.

Originally posted by Tink&SquirtsMom
Anyone know what its like flying during this kind of weather? i was thinking we'd be fine by Thurs, but now Disney is offering us no penalty cancellation for Thurs arrival and our airline is too... I'm thinking they wouldn't do that without reason. We are flying from CA to Chicago and from Chicago to MCo on Thurs. So it looks like we'll be flying through (over) the hurricane!! I am an awful flyer, and the worst flight I've ever flown on was out of Florida in a storm (not anywhere near hurricane strength either). So the thought of flying from Chicago to MCo and cutting through the hurricane path terrifies me. I don't know I really didn't think we'd cancel, but now I'm not so sure.

I'm really just guessing here - I'm not certain, so don't take this as truth.

It seems to me that what the airlines are doing is trying to get as many people as they can to reschedule now so that in the chance that it DOES hit Florida, they won't have such serious backups trying to get people where they need to go.

I think Disney World is having the same line of thought - they're trying to prevent people from having to deal with this if they don't have to.

I've been watching The Weather Channel, and CNN, and looking at all of Orlando's local news affiliates, and there's NOTHING indicating any kind of watch for the Orlando area. Until there is a watch or warning, I'm going forward with my trip as planned. (I'm to arrive at 10:45 am Monday morning)

My continued advice is to just keep watching the weather channel, and the news. I can almost guarantee you that if it's going to hit central Florida, the airlines and Disney World will allow you to reschedule right up to the time before you're supposed to leave and not charge you anything to change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter