Mousekeeping

A MK Family

Mouseketeer
Hello,

I am budgeting tipping for our up coming trip. I know this is a personal choice and can be subject to debate (and I really don't want to start one here). But I am completely clueless as to what is the norm or suitable amount for mousekeeping in a room with 2A & 2C.
TIA

It does tend to be a topic of debate. It's been stated here that one does not need to tip the Mousekeeping staff, but many people choose to do so, regardless. The figure I've seen thrown around the most for a family of four is $5 per day.

hth

I usually leave around $5 per mousekeeping visit. If your staying in a room without a kitchen/kitchenette, you can probably do $4 daily($1 per person). We stay in a DVC villa so I leave at least $5 because of the size of the room, sometimes more but then we only get mousekeeping every four days(which I love). Make out envelopes with "Thank You Mousekeeper" on the front before you leave home then you only have to grab them before you leave for the day from your room. One less thing to do in the morning!

i usually leave $3 every morning and regularly get thank you notes left by Mousekeeping :)

Ohh, I have been wondering about this as well. Thanks for all the replies!

We leave $1 per person per day. I leave an envelope by the telephone with housekeeping written on it. Michelle

We usually leave $1 per person plus $1 that would be $5 for a family of 4. Also leave an extra $1 whenever we get and animal.pixiedust: Here's hoping you get some extra pixie dust and your mousekeeper took the course! :goodvibes

We usually leave $5 per day (we are also 2A 2C) because we ask for turndown service, and so always get a little extra from Mousekeeping (they refresh the towels, check the trash and sometimes give us towel animals at turndown!).

Housekeeping at WDW is a non-tipped position, meaning they are not required to include tips in their wages. However, should the housekeeper do something extra for you or you have a problem in your room, you may decide to leave them something extra. But it wouldn't be necessary, just your personal choice.

I knew there was something I was forgetting on my list for this upcoming trip. Thanks for jogging my memory. One more thing to do...make envelopes and get tip money.

I think the average is $1.00 per person in the room, per day. People leave tips daily, because you may have different mousekeepers during your stay. So if a tip is left only on the last day, that mousekeeper may not have been the one cleaning your room for most of your stay.

If you are staying deluxe and request turn down service, you would leave a seperate tip at night, as it's a different person doing that.

When leaving a tip, be sure it's either marked, like the mousekeeping envelopes some leave or somewhere they are sure it's meant for them, or they won't take it.
I usually leave my tip on the bathroom counter under their name card.

popcorn::

We leave $1 per person each day, you will probably have different mousekeepers during your stay so it's best not to just leave a tip on your last day. I put the money in those nifty little mousekeeping envelopes and leave the envelope on a pillow so they can't miss them.

We were hoping to put a lot of tips- Food and Mousekeeping on our gift card- Is there a way to do that?
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter