• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mousekeeping checking on us every day?

Tamar

DIS Veteran
We're in the midst of a 10 day stay at BWV.

We had our full cleaning on Monday. On both Tuesday and Wednesday our mousekeeper knocked to see if we needed more towels or anything else.

Since we don't need or expect that, today we left the room with our privacy hang tag on the door. We've just gotten back to the room, and there is a message from housekeeping saying to call if we need anything.

Tomorrow IS our trash and towel day, and I guess I am not worried they'll forget about us! :rotfl: Has anyone else experienced this? If not, perhaps they've got their paperwork out of whack and they think we're cash guests.

This is either a new attempt by housekeeping to improve customer relations, or ... they are casing the place.

Happened to me last summer at BWV. We were only there 2 nights before heading to BLT, but the 2nd morning, they asked if we needed anything and were willing to give us more towels (they saw that we had teens with us) or anything else and just said "We love to take care of our DVC guests."

We declined because I had already ordered the towel pack for the night.

We had housekeeping come by the day we checked in at BLT and asked if everything was okay with the room and did we need anything? But other than that we had the regular T&T and Full cleaning days.

We just spent a week at BWV and did not experience that. I called Mousekeeping on arrival night to confirm when we would be getting trash & towel service, but that was my doing. I will say that EVERY cast member that we encountered was so very nice & really made us feel welcomed.

This is either a new attempt by housekeeping to improve customer relations, or ... they are casing the place.

I hate to say, the thought crossed my mind that there might be some "casing" going on, but the fact that they called on the day we left the privacy card hanging leads me to think that at least our mousekeeper is stepping up service. I did hear that BWV has a new manager (heard this from Amy at WeGoShop, she's not allowed to deliver groceries to the room any more unless the guest meets her in the lobby and walks her up).

When we were there last month mousekeeping came by and dropped off more coffee. I loved the service. :thumbsup2

I hate to say, the thought crossed my mind that there might be some "casing" going on, but the fact that they called on the day we left the privacy card hanging leads me to think that at least our mousekeeper is stepping up service. I did hear that BWV has a new manager (heard this from Amy at WeGoShop, she's not allowed to deliver groceries to the room any more unless the guest meets her in the lobby and walks her up).

They might have a new Front Desk manager or Guest services managers as they move often, but they do not have a new GM.

We had 4 rooms at BWV Oct. 22 - 29. The mousekeepers were all outstanding. I was particularly thrilled with the mousekeeper for the GV. She knew that there were 5 kids under 5 in that room and she checked in every day to empty garbage and sweep around the kitchen and entryway. I was so grateful for this extra attention so I called and spoke with the mousekeeping manager. He assured me that he would recognize her at their "break out" meeting. I also noticed that CMs seemed to be particularly friendly. And I also thought that hallways were especially clean.

Did they change your view category by any chance? One time we were upgraded at check-in from standard to preferred and in the process we were also re-catogorized as regular resort guests with daily housekeeping. I've heard of the same thing happening to others....

Did they change your view category by any chance? One time we were upgraded at check-in from standard to preferred and in the process we were also re-catogorized as regular resort guests with daily housekeeping. I've heard of the same thing happening to others....

No, we booked 4 BW view rooms and that is what we got. I also saw a mousekeeping supervisor on our floor at least twice. I really think that there has been an uptick in service, at least for now.

We're in our std view 1 bd, which is what we booked. on T&T day our mousekeeper hand washed our omlette/fry pan and the few few glasses that didn't make it into the load of dishes we did that morning before leaving the room. I have really been impressed with the over and above service this trip. I hate to say we're going home tomorrow....

Last Christmas we had a split stay between AKV at Jambo House and then at Kidani Village. At Jambo House housekeeping came by every day. At Kidani Village they did not.

I wonder if the new management of DVC is trying to step up service or is it a localized thing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter