Mouseboat Question

ducklite

<font color=teal>Take the Poly, it's fabulous!<br>
I heard that they've changed the policies on renting Mouseboats. Now you have to be 16 with a drivers license?

What if you're an adult without a drivers license?

Anne

I heard that too.
I would think that if you are an adult then you could use some other ID to show.
I wonder if they just went to the same policy for all reg. sized motorboats.

I read on another message board that a driver's license is now required by the driver or the passenger of the boat. ~:D~

That stinks.

My 18 year old son doesn't drive.

Anne

Yes,

We saw the new notices at Easter.

I just booked and presented my room card for "security" but wasn't asked for a license though.

Thanks for the info. I thought it was 12 years old. My daughter who is juts turning 12 will be really upset about this. I wonder when and why they changed it. Most likely problems with younger drivers.

We were at the Contemporary before Easter and had our first experience in a mouse boat. While using the boat was fun, it was frightening to watch some of the young kids driving those things! We were cut off twice by two young boys who appeared to be out of control. I had my 6 yr. old DD with me, so I headed back in to the dock because I feared for her safety. I'm not certain I will rent one again unless it is true that the age requirement has been increased.

:earsgirl: :earsgirl:

I can understand the safety aspect of this, but my DS16 drove a watermouse 3 years ago when he was 13 and now this summer he won't be able to... :( He has his driver's permit, I guess that's not enough? My younger DS13 was really looking forward to driving his own watermouse this year, too. Does anyone know where I can find the official new info about this online???

To my knowledge there's no official announcement posted on the web somewhere, but it was in the 4/19 "Park Update" on MousePlanet:

"…Following a couple of serious accidents on Seven Seas Lagoon, the policy for renting Water Mouse/Sea Raycer boats has changed. The old policy of at least 12 years old and 5 feet tall has been modified to at least 16 years old with a valid driver's license."

http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/wdw/wdw040419.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter