"Mouse Junkie’s Anonymous"?

bonrea

Family-Above All Else In Life
OK… Setting the stage for this…

We have DVC reservations at AKL-KV next week on the 23rd through the 30th. We have invited our neighbors to join us on this trip and they are VERY EXCITED (first timers) and are so excited that they want to come over tonight and celebrate watching DH (me) do the Online Check-In. Anyways I have been emailing them at work and from work and from home for a few days now and putting in the subject line the number of days, hours, and minutes until we go. All the while I have been copying DW on all this fun and as they reply they are doing the same. Fun for us but apparently not for DW. I’ve sent pictures of sites at WDW, links to videos related to WDW, and quick reminders of items they need to pack for our trip. So much fun! :cool1:

It came to a head today and DW felt she had to intervene on our fun. She sent this to us all:

"You all need serious help!! If you don’t calm down I will have to do an intervention…meaning form a “Mouse Junkie’s Anonymous” group where you can work on your 12 step program…

1. We admitted we were powerless over Disney—that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves (a week at Disney amongst giant stuffed animals) could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of Disney cast members, waiters, monorail drivers and masseuses as we understand them.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves and our wardrobe so we know what to take on vacation.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our mouse junkie ways (i.e. reading the “Dis-Board” more than twice daily, wearing large yellow slippers as part of your daily leisure wear and watching Disney vacation planning videos 2-3 times per week for entertainment).
6. Were entirely ready to be immersed in the “magic” and ask God remove all defects of character.
7. Humbly asked Him to remove all barriers to getting reservations for Ohana at the right hour so we can experience the dinner show AND the Magic Kingdom fireworks!
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed while trying to get to the best location to view the parade, fireworks show, Festival of the Lion King show, etc., and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others—like taking over the Kilimanjaro Safari ride and trekking over the savannah at 40 miles an hour.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong about which ride, park or restaurant is better and promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with Walt, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us, our obsessive relationship with a rodent who smiles while touching and hugging lots of sweaty, stinky people and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message to other mouse junkies, and to practice these principles in all our activities while on vacation.

Love ya--now stop it!"

I do need to point out that DW is just as much of a Mouse Junkie as I am. She is just a nubee at it. :love:

:lmao:

I'm sitting on my balcony at VWL having a good laugh reading this as I have been practicing the 12 step program all week :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter