Moulin Rouge question

J. Galt

<font color=peach>Singin' the thread-killin' <font
This probably isn't the best place to post this so feel free to move it if necessary, but here it goes....

My parents are taking a barging trip through France this coming Autumn. They would like to go to a cabaret, and were thinking about the Moulin Rouge, but they weren't sure if there was a better place to go. Does the Moulin Rouge have a nice show or is it seedy? Is there a different show that they should consider (I don't think they really want anything too nude).

Thanks for you help!

Hi, I'm sorry I cant really help you on the quality of the show, but myself and wife enquired about going when we went to Paris for the weekend, The only info I can give you is that it is very expensive, the shows are about £ 95.00 each and if you want to eat too, it is about another £80.00 each. I hope this is of some use

Take care

Steve

Thanks stevechase for your response. This is a "big trip" for them that they have been putting off for three years due to the state of world affairs, so I don't think that they are as concerned about costs. They are concerned about whether or not it will be a nice show or something really seedy. I went to Paris with them years ago and we went to see some cabaret show (can't remember the name). I just remember that it was pretty nude (and I remember my parents being very uncomfortable sitting at the table with my sister and I who were in our teens at the time).;) Some nude is okay... I just don't think that they want anything that makes them feel like they could purchase a lap dance in the back room.

By the way........ I am very jealous that you can just take off to Paris for the weekend!

I went to the Moulin Rouge a couple of years ago and loved it. Some of the principal dancers are topless, but a lot are covered, too. The show was great and it wasn't all topless, all the time. There were two men who were acrobats and another who was a magician/comedian.

My only problem was it's a bit crowded inside.

We thought about going to the Lido, as well, but it was sold out when we were there. I think that one has a more Vegas feel to it. My best friend, who married a Frenchman, has been to both and likes the Moulin better.

As for seedy.. well, tell them not to walk down the street. lol There are some interesting shops and a museum of "devices" there. The Moulin itself was ok. Bus stops right there, lots of taxis. We took the Metro and that was pretty close, too.

Hope that helps you some!

That helps a lot eeyore 74! It sounds like the Moulin Rouge is their best bet for a show.

They were, however, thinking of walking back to their hotel after the show. Would this be unwise?

I think walking back would be ok, if their hotel is near enough. We walked around parts of Paris late at night a lot with no problems.

We had to get a taxi after the show. Our hotel wasn't close by and the metro was closed. But it's a busy place at night and lots of people around. We never felt unsafe in Paris. Sicily, though.. that's another story. :)

My feet still remember Paris. My then boyfriend (now DH) and my friend's then husband grabbed the map and decided we could walk from Rodin's museum to the Eiffel Tower because it was only "this far" on the map. (They help up their fingers about an inch apart.) Well, that inch is a looonnng way on foot. We have never let either of them have a map since. lol

I rate the Lido de Paris a much better all-round show than the Moulin Rouge these days - better food, better presentation and and a truly amazing show (a little toplessness, yes, but the majority of the time everything done in great style). Check out their website at www.lido.fr

Thanks for your help SimonV, and thanks for the web link. I'll pass it along to my parents, along with your recommendation. I'm certain that it will help with their decision.

I have been to the show at the Lido and can tell you it is one of the best all around shows you will ever see. It has evrything from singing and dancing to acrobats, comedians, and even ice skaters! Being located on the Champs Elysees near the Arc de Triomphe the surrounding area is not at all "seedy" like that near the Moulin Rouge, and is a block or two from one of the main Metro lines.
Just a tip, matinee shows may be the way to go if you want to save some money.:jester:

Bon Journee!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter