Motorized scooters

helenm29

FIGMENTED
I'm pretty sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find the thread. How hard is it to rent a Motorized scooter? I'm having knee surgery before we go next year and I may need one. Thanks!

You may have better luck over on the disabilities section. Are you wanting to rent from the parks? Or an outside agency? If you think you will need one, I recommend an off site agency (I really like Buena Vista) for several reasons 1) it's much cheaper to rent for several days (2 days is $60 from an off site and $100 through Disney) 2) the Disney EVCs are soooooo slow (they slowed them down) and they feel like you could crawl faster 3) you have the scooter for the resort, Disney Springs, and ease of getting around so 4) it saves you time and anxiety of getting one from Disney each day and worrying if they will have them.

You may have better luck over on the disabilities section. Are you wanting to rent from the parks? Or an outside agency? If you think you will need one, I recommend an off site agency (I really like Buena Vista) for several reasons 1) it's much cheaper to rent for several days (2 days is $60 from an off site and $100 through Disney) 2) the Disney EVCs are soooooo slow (they slowed them down) and they feel like you could crawl faster 3) you have the scooter for the resort, Disney Springs, and ease of getting around so 4) it saves you time and anxiety of getting one from Disney each day and worrying if they will have them.

Thank you! Only problem is that we are staying off sight.

Call Good Mobility and talk to them, they will walk you through everything and they deliver off-site. They have the best customer service, nicest equipment and yet the lowest prices.

Call Good Mobility and talk to them, they will walk you through everything and they deliver off-site. They have the best customer service, nicest equipment and yet the lowest prices.

I think you mean Gold Mobility. Great company to deal with. Last time I rented a Go Go sport from them, and that easily breaks down for transporting

I think you mean Gold Mobility. Great company to deal with. Last time I rented a Go Go sport from them, and that easily breaks down for transporting
Yes, I did mean Gold Mobility, stupid autocorrect, that's what I get for posting from my phone.

And yes, they are great to deal with, the funny thing is Buena Vista came up as an ad on this thread, so I thought I would do a price comparison for the heck of it, Buena Vista comes out to $976.61 for our dates in June compared to $256.48 since I am renting the Maxima ECV. I tried to get all of the features as close as I could, but Buena Vista is still missing a few items, such as the cell phone holder and undercarriage lighting, but Gold Mobility has everything that Buena Vista does and more.

I wouldn't actually use Buena Vista based on my past experience with them anyway, but that's another story. Talk about a price difference, that pays for my dining plan!

I'm confused. Yes, BVS is more expensive than Gold Mobility, but almost four times as much?
Yep, unless I am doing something really wrong. Now granted, Gold Mobility is $20 higher than what is on their confirmation because I upgraded to the Maxima once I knew that was an option for our dates. So this was a close as I could get it to being apples for apples, as Gold Mobility includes the Captains Seat, the Sun Shade, Cup Holder (and the Maxima always comes with a Cane/Crutch holder with Gold Mobility) and Damage Waiver is included with Gold Mobility.

So as near as I can tell pretty much almost four times as much.

d6676f96-ac56-4570-b816-3c902e6a272c.png

989e52ab-faf4-4cf0-ba8b-ecf8dec138e2.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter