• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

motion....

I would change your directions slightly. It's not so much front to rear as it is top to bottom. The higher you are in the ship there is noticably more motion.

Basically, it's like this.

-The first night is always the worst as you will cross the Gulf Stream(yes the same one the weather guys all talk about). And under normal conditions, even it is usually not too bad.

- The rest of the cruise is usually very smooth- the ship has devices called stabilizers that help keep the ship running on an even keel, and the captain will go out of his way to find calmer waters, as far as changing the course entirely to run a smoother run.

I feel the motion more in the Walt Disney Theater, Mickey Mates and Treasure Hetch. All forwad. Aft, at times, in Parrot Cay and Animators Palate. It's a personal experience, though. There are other people that swear they don't feel it anywhere differently.

Tina

I too would agree that it seems to be more prominent forward than aft. I always feel it in the theater, but when we are in 5650 (just about as far aft as you can get), it is very minor. Personally I like it when there's a little more movement because it rocks me to sleep. :D
Once we make it through the gulf stream, it's rare to feel a lot of movement unless the seas are very rough. The only time I can recall in recent memory that this occurred was on our 1/4 cruise, when it was too rough to even visit Grand Cayman. It wasn't enough to make me feel sick, but you could definitely feel the movement just about anywhere on board!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

We were in 5522 last February. Headache the first day and Motrin worked very well. No trouble during the week but seemed when captain was making up for lost time returning home it got a little rocky. That night my son and I needed Dramamine to take off the edge. I have it packed this trip as well. We also are bringing the ginger tablets to take in the am to see if this is an alternative.

Kim ºOº

Like others mention, I have always heard more motion forward, and higher up.... forward as the ships bow cuts thru the seas... and higher up, as any motion is somewhat increased from sea level on up.

This may be one reason why ships dining rooms are usally located aft... and a bit lower... and not top-forward????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter